Her heart hammered against her chest, as she pulled it out and inspected it. Where had this lovely gown come from? No one at the orphanage owned a gown as lovely as this! Maria had searched through the chest numerous of times and had never seen such a treasure before. 

Lifting herself to her feet, the young señorita placed the dress over her breasts and realized that the gown looked to be a perfect fit, as if it were made for her! Wanting desperately to try it on, she removed her old gown and slipped into the new one. Just as she had expected, the gown fitted her perfectly. Running to the mirror that was up against the wall, a huge, beautiful, Spanish mirror that was trimmed with silver glossy paint, that the nuns had once told her was given to them by a gypsy and claimed it had powers. Growing up, Maria had asked the nuns on numerous occasions what kind of powers could a mirror possibly have, and she remembered how the nuns looked at each other quietly and always changed the subject. 

Standing in front of the mirror, Maria gasp with pleasure as she whirled around and the bottom half of the gown wrapped around her legs before it dropped to her feet. The gown was made of white Spanish lace, and was embellished at the waist with pearls and diamonds. She looked like a princess bride, and a single tear glided down her beautiful face. 

Like a dream, she remembered her mother whispering in the night before she died all those years ago.

"You are a princess, and one day you shall be queen of ......" She had said before she closed her eyes and passed away. 

Maria was only three years old, but she remembered those words even though it didn't make sense what her mother had said. She was not a princess, nor will she ever be a queen! 

Looking at herself one more time in the mirror, Maria wiped the tears from her eyes and slipped out of the gown. After she wore her old gown that had seen better days, she folded the white gown and dropped to her knees to place it back into the chest where she had found it. But as her hand dug to the bottom to make room to place the gown where it belonged, the young señorita could not believe her eyes. The most beautiful veil she had ever seen lay at the bottom of the chest. She quickly pulled it out with trembling fingers and unfolded it. The white lace that was trimmed with small little diamonds, shimmered in her hands, and Maria was lost for words. 

Suddenly, an idea formed in Maria's mind. Could she wear the gown and place the veil over her head to disguise her face and go to the festival? Could she pull it off without anyone being the wiser? 

*************

Aphrothitis watched from above as Maria dressed quickly and threw the veil over her head. A smile curved her beautiful luscious lips, she had zapped the special gown in the trunk, hoping the young señorita will find it. With the help of the veil no one will recognize her, she thought. 

************

Sidri walked through the crowds and his golden eyes that were disguised in the color green, sparkled anxiously, as he searched for the woman that had imprinted on his mind, an image that had tortured him ever since he lay eyes on her. Troubled by the fact that his powers had no affect on her, and angered that his throbbing shaft was still swollen from the moment his eyes fell on her, he wanted to find her and break the spell she had him under.

He cleverly disguised himself, and looked no where near his true identity, but even so, all the women at the festival had their eyes hungrily on him. Sidri paid no heed to them as he continued searching for the one woman that he desperately needed to find. 

"Señor, komo te Yama?" A soft feminine voice purred from behind him as he walked past a beautiful woman.

Sidri ignored her and headed straight for the dance floor. Mayhap, he thought, the wench was already here dancing! To his dismay, he searched anxiously every square inch of the crowded dance floor but she was not there, and disappointment settled into his heart. 

As the night wore on, the Fay King danced with every señorita at the festival. He twirled the beautiful ladies on the dance floor, but not once did he stop looking for the señorita that had set his mind in turmoil. He hated her with a passion and many thoughts of how he would kill her danced in his mind until a slow smile curved his full lips. He would take her first to his bed and mayhap kill her afterwards, he thought, as he painfully ignored his swollen shaft. 

The night wore on, and every single female had thrown herself on the Unseelie Fay, hoping to catch his attention, but the Fay kings mind was occupied with other thoughts, until he saw a señorita who was dressed in white, and wore a laced veil over her head. His interest peaked as he watched her walk through the the crowd without a chaperone. His heart slammed against his muscled chest, her appearance left him breathless. Who was this mysterious woman, he thought, as every single cell in his body came to life and hunger claimed him.

Thank you so much for your votes and comments. Xoxxoxoxxoxxoxoxxoxoxxo