A run for her life

The Big Apple

Spring 2014

Heather ran as fast as she could out of the club without looking back. Tonight had been a nightmare, she thought, as she raced to the parking lot to find her car. With trembling hands, she searched in her purse to find her keys, and looked around her, to make sure no one had followed her.

"Over there!" A man shouted from behind her, and terror struck in her heart as she fumbled to unlock her car door. "Hurry grab her before she gets away!"

Swinging the door open, she quickly jumped in the car, but before she had the chance to close the door, Heather was grabbed by the hair and pulled out of her old beat up car. Pain surged around her head, and she almost blacked out, but she did everything she could to hold it together. She must be strong if she was going to escape from these monsters, she thought wildly.

She heard a car pull up besides them, "Hurry throw her in the car, we need to get out of here, the boss will be angry if we are late delivering her to him!" A deep throaty voice yelled.

Scared to death, Heather did the only thing she could think of, she raised her knee and slammed it against the huge mans crotch. The man cursed under his breath, and let her go to clutch on to his throbbing balls, and she had only three seconds to run for her life.

Blinded by tears, Heather blinked a few times, before she ran as fast as she could in the opposite direction. The wind blew through her blonde, long tresses that hung way below her waist, as she made a mad dash across the street, and cut through a dark alley.

"Over here!" She heard a voice call out. "I think she went through the alley!"

Heather's heart froze, and she tried to catch her breath, as she looked around desperately for a place to hide. A few feet away she saw a dumpster with a few garbage cans leaning next to it. With no time to think, she slid her thin body between the two garbage cans, and made her way behind the giant dumpster. Heather held her breath, as more tears glided down her beautiful face.

She had no idea who these men were who chased her, and she didn't want to stick around to find out. Behind her was an open gate, and it only took a few seconds to decide to run through the backyard, go around the front of the huge building, and make her way to Park Avenue, one of New Yorks most famous street.

Lights flashed everywhere, and people of all shape and sizes walked the streets dressed in their most elegant attire, as they made their way to the many lounges and clubs that Manhattan had to offer.

Heather hid among the crowds, blending in with ease, as she made her way down to one of the most famous hotels in the world. She looked up the huge, tall building, and without thinking, she walked up to the huge glass doors, and the door man who was dressed in a blue uniform with golden colored buttons down his jacket, gazed at her with a raised eye brow before he opened theTrump Hotel glass doors for her to enter.

Heather quickly stepped through the threshold, and walked into the grandeur hotel, where she stood in awe at the glamour of the hotels lobby. Crystal chandliers hung from the ceilings, and plush oriental carpets cushioned her feet as she walked around admiring the decor of the grand room.

Huge oil paintings decorated the walls, and Italian statues stood in the four corners of the huge room. French couches, and elegant cherry wood tables complimented the lobby. A huge water fountain was in the center, and colorful flowers of all shape and sizes were displayed across the huge room, and sprayed their scent, filling the air with perfume. Whoever designed the lobby spared no expense, Heather thought, as she walked up to the giant windows that were draped with maroun silk curtains, trimmed with French lace.