I'll find a way

Sidri lifted Maria off him and placed her on her feet. He held her for a few seconds until she gained her balance before he let her go, and then he walked over to the huge glass window. He tried to calm his beating heart that raced faster than the speed of light. The Fay was in trouble and he knew it, but there was not a damn thing he could do to change anything. His thoughts were in turmoil, and he knew what he had to do, it was simple, kill her and get rid of the problem, keep her and create a whole other bunch of problems!

He felt things for the young señorita, strong powerful feelings that could destroy everything he has worked hard over the years to build. He loved her, he knew that now, but it was all the more reason why he should get rid of her. Threading his fingers through his thick mane of golden hair, Sidri made his decision, tonight when sleep claims her, he will kill her and secure his position as the King of Fays.

When he turned around he found the beautiful young woman crying softly, and he narrowed his eyes. Was she crying because she regretted giving herself to him? Was he not good enough for her? Was she in  love with another? Pain surged through his heart, could it be true, could there be another man that holds her heart?

"Do you cry for another?" He asked point blank, as anger settled in his heart. 

Maria stifled back a cry and raised her head to look at him. Her beautiful black eyes sparkled with tears, and the Fay felt the urge to take her in his arms and whisper sweet nothings into her ear, but he held himself back from touching her. 

"Do you cry for another?" He repeated, in a firm and unwavering voice.

"No." She finally answered softly, and she could have sworn that the King sighed with relief, but she wasn't sure. 

"Have you been touched by another?" He asked, and his heart stopped pounding as he waited for her to answer. 

"Not the way you have touched me." She whispered softly and lowered her eyes to her feet. 

"In what ways has he touched you?" He asked, holding back his boiling anger, not wanting to frighten her.

"I have danced in his arms." She replied. 

A deep rumble escaped from his throat. He will find the man and kill him!

"Where may I find this other man?" His voice sounded dangerous, and hatred glittered in his golden eyes. 

"I don't know, I have not seen him since." She answered truthfully, saddened by the fact that she will probably never see him again. 

"And did you have feelings for him?" 

Maria nodded, she had thought she was in love with the man at the festival, but now she was confused because she sported feelings for Sidri too. 

The Fays jaw tightened and his hands turned to fists at his sides. Raising an eyebrow, the King asked, "and he did not touch you intimately?"

Again she looked at her feet and shook her head, "Nay, he did not touch me intimately."

She's lying, he thought, why else would she not look into his eyes when she answered his questions. 

"What is his name?" He asked, in a low dangerous tone of voice.

"I..I...don't know." 

"Give me his name!" The Fay roared angrily. 

"I do not know his name." 

"You danced with a man and you know not his name? How could a man hold you in his arms and not want to know your name!"

"He asked me for my name, but I did not tell him." 

"Did he kiss you?" The Fay asked through gritted teeth.

"Aye, he did." She answered innocently, not realizing that she was digging her grave.

"Did you fancy yourself in love with him?"

"Aye, I did."

The King took in a deep breath of inhalation. She loved another, he thought, I'm going to kill her and then I'm going to track the lover down and kill him too.

"Since that day, has this man come for you?" 

"Nay," she said, and a tear glided down her face. "He knows not who I am to come for me, I was wearing a laced veil over my head and he did not see my face, and I never told him my name so he would not know how to find me."

The Fay's heart slammed against his muscled chest. He stepped forward and grabbed the señorita, pulling her into his strong and possessive arms. He looked down at her and his eyes widened with recognition. It's her, it was her all along. 

"Do you still love him Maria?" He asked hoarsely.

"Yes, but I carry feelings for you too now." She said, just as his lips brutely crashed on to hers.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments. Xoxoxxoxxoxoxxoxxo