The handsome beast

It was almost sunset and Alexander pushed his stallion to high speed, he wanted to reach his lands before nightfall. Enemies lurked in the shadows at night and he didn't want to risk anything happening to his new bride.

His brothers galloped around the new couple scanning the masses of land ahead of them to make sure they were in the clear. They had many enemies that would like nothing more than to torture and kill them, and the MacCloud brothers didn't want to take the risk. Two brothers sped up ahead of everyone else, and three stayed close behind Alexander and his bride.

"Were in the clear!" Yelled James from his stallion a few hundred feet away, and waved his hand in the air.

"Let's go," Alexander yelled with a deep voice, to his other brothers behind him, as they all raced towards their lands.

Excitement filled Alexander's heart as they entered the MacCloud land, he was proud of his homeland and everything it represented. Pulling on the reins, the black stallion raced towards Balmoral castle, and the Druids arm tightened his hold around his brides waist. He ignored the flaming heat that surged through his loins when her back grinded against him as the stallion raced across the land.

The warrior glanced down at his bride, but quickly averted his gaze. Alexander took a deep breath of inhalation, it wasn't his choice to marry a Druidess who had run away with another, only to return many months later robbed of her maidenhood, but his father who was Laird of Balmoral castle had struck the deal with MacAlister without his approval, and now he was married to a harlot.

When his father ordered him to marry Lanie, he argued with his father until he was blue in the face, but the Laird was not listening to his pleas. In a stern threatening tone of voice, he reminded his eldest son that no one else would marry him, and he wanted a grandson to carry on his name.

"You will obey my wishes son, or I will disown you, and your brother James will gain the title of laird to Balmoral castle when I am gone!" He had threatened.

Alexander loved and respected his father, and he knew that the Laird was right, no woman from Scotland would have him as their mate. Rumors had traveled far and near, and had gotten out of control. Every eligible maiden refused to even consider marring him, but Alexander didn't care, he had plenty of mistresses to keep his bed warm at night and he was content staying single and enjoying his freedom.

Now he is bringing home a bride to grace the halls of Balmoral castle, and mayhap a friend for his sister Katarina, who has no companion's besides her mother and aunt to talk with. Alexander wondered what kind of woman Lanie was. He didn't know anything about her, but from the looks of her, she seemed quiet, and reserved. Good, he thought, the last thing he needed was a harlot with a big mouth!

**********

The wind whipped Lanie's hair back, and stung her eyes, her back was aching and she was getting a headache, and all because her new husband was pushing the stallion to its limits. The Druidess scanned the land before her, the snow capped mountains way off in the distance overpowered the rolling hills of plush, green grass that was dotted with bluebells and carpeted the MacCloud land.

To the Far East of the land, was a small village with cottages that aligned the bank of Loch Ness, that brimmed with crystal clear icy water. There was an abundance of trees ferns and other plants on the land, and Lanie saw a few deer's running through the outskirts of the forest.

Up ahead, Balmoral castle came into view, and Lanie held her breath as Alexander pushed the Arabian stallion to run faster. The castle was standing against a background of rolling hills and was surrounded with a high wall of magnificant stonework.

As they neared the castle grounds, Lanie noticed that there were two courtyards and a main gate house. They rode into the first courtyard and Alexander jumped off his horse, grabbed Lanie by the waist, and pulled her off the stallion. Their eyes met and locked before he placed her on her feet, and a shiver went up and down her spine that left her breathless.

When she straightened the folds of her gown, and pulled her hair back, she noticed that a large group of people were lined up outside the castle, and stared at her.

"Come, I want you to meet my family." Alexander said without glancing at her.

Lanie followed after him until he stopped in front of his family and turned around to give her his hand. Lanie placed her delicate hand in his huge one and Alexander gently pulled her next to him.

"Mother, father, this is my bride, Lanie." He told them.

Lanie's cheeks flamed with shame and her eyes dropped to her feet, as Alexander's parents silently appraised her from head to toe. Have they heard the rumors, she thought, as her stomach tightened in knots. Would they shun her from their home or spit in her face?

"Welcome to Balmoral castle, Lanie." Alexander's mother said softly, without any sign of disapproval.

Lanie did a small curtsy, and lifted her eyes slowly to meet her new mother in law. She was a petite woman with delecate features, and sky blue eyes like Alexander's that sparkled with life, but it was the smile that caught Lanie's attention. It was warm and pleasant, and made Lanie feel welcomed. The laird was a whole other story. He spoke not, and his eyes were ice cold. Lanie's lips trembled as she whispered, "Thank you." And dropped her eyes to the ground.

"She's so beautiful!" Chimed a feminine voice full of laughter from behind Lanie. "Welcome to our humble home, my name is Katarina, and I am Alexander's sister."

Katarina walked around to face Lanie, and blessed her with a warm smile and a hug. "I'm so glad to finally have a sister!"

Lanie sighed with relief that the the lovely girl was sweet and welcoming. So far the MacCloud woman are everything Lanie was hoping for. Alexander introduced her to his favorite aunt, who was also sweet and pleasant, and the rest of the family. There were aunts, uncles, cousins, and family friends, and they all welcomed her with open arms and kind words.

Alexander pulled her into the castle, and Lanie gasped with surprise when she looked around the Great hall. The walls were adorned with rich tapestries, from the ceilings hung crystal chandeliers, and plush carpets were thrown on the marble floor.

Alexander pulled his wife up the grand staircase to the second floor where there must have been at least one hundred chambers lined up next to one another. This was by far the grandest castle she had every seen in her entire life, Lanie thought with surprise.

Her husband opened the second door to the left, and motioned for her to go in first and he followed behind her. "This is your chamber Lanie." Alexander said, "and this one is mine."

Lanie's eyes turned towards the connecting door that led to his chambers. Her eyes sparkled with relief when he announced that he has his own rooms.

"I will send a bath for you, it will help you relax. I have a few things I must attend to, there's no need to wait up for me, you must be tired from the long ride today. I will see you in the morning." He told her, before he left her all alone to ponder her troubled thoughts.

Lanie looked around her chamber and sighed. It was overwhelmingly beauitful, decorated with all the trimmings of the great hall. The Druidess looked over to where beautiful ivory laced curtains framed the glass doors to the balcony. She walked over and opened them, stepped out, placed her hands on the marbled railings, and looked down below. The torches blazed casting shadows across the two courtyards that led into the magical gardens. The view was breathtaking beautiful, and she closed her eyes and lost herself in the sweet melody of the wind chimes that played softly in the night.

This chapter is dedicated to a super fan, Katarina, happy birthday to you!!!!!!

Thank you all for your votes and comments. Xoxxoxoxoxxoxo