Truth or Dare?

"You look at peace with yourself Kristina, mayhap sending my sisters up here was a good idea." Bruce said with a smile.

"Your sisters are both lovely girls." Kristina responded happily, but Bruce saw the pain in her vivid blue eyes and his heart sank. for a moment he hoped that things could have been different, but who was he kidding, he thought, she belonged to Seth, and he was going to return her to him!

"May I please have a moment alone with Kristina," he told his sisters, "there is much I need to discuss with her."

The sisters looked disappointed, they were enjoying themselves over a cup of tea while they chatted about the Christmas season that was fast approaching.

"Can we steal her away after dinner? Alana and I want to introduce her to the ladies of the court!" she said excitedly.

"Aye, she s all yours after dinner!" Bruce promised.

The the sisters left and when they closed the door behind them, Bruce pulled a chair closer to Kristina and sat down.

"How are you holding up?" He asked her.

"I'm doing fine, your sister's were quite entertaining, and very beautiful. Are all your sister this lovely?" She asked.

"Yes, but the youngest is by far the loveliest, she is the fairest in all the land."

"Is that a problem? I detect disapproval in your voice."

"it's a major problem having a sister so beautiful. We are constantly bombarded with marriage proposals!"

"And why would that be a problem, I think that would be a good thing, nay?"

"Well it's not, it's a curse! We have to marry off the other four before it will be her turn to marry. She must wait her turn." Bruce said.

"And if the right man comes along, and your others sisters are not married yet, she will lose her opportunity to marry him because it's not her turn? That's not fair Bruce!" Kristina told him.

"I know, but it is the way it must be done!"

"So what do you do to keep her from being seen, is she locked up in a tower somewhere, where no one can see her?" Kristina teased.

Bruce looked away.

"You can't be serious!" Kristina said in a serious tone of voice. "that's inhumane!"

"It must be this way Kristina, there are other reasons behind our actions as well. I'm not at liberty to discuss them with you right now, but she is where she needs to be right now, tis for her own good!"

"Bruce please let her out of her prison, I beg of you!" The princess said, her eyes filled with tears, "she will fall into depression if you leave her there! How many months has she been locked up?"