The Love of a King

Leathan blasted the Fay King's mind and left him speechless. Sidri didn't know if he should be happy, scared or angry with everything he just learned. It took a moment for Sidri to gather his tortured thoughts before he spoke, and his second in command waited patiently for him to react to his words.

"What you speak of is treason! If the Seelie King knew of a bastard child he had fathered he could be exiled!" Sidri said, failing to notice the fact that Maria could possibly be part Fay, therefore making it easier for him to claim her as his bride.

"It is whispered that he has fathered two children. Remember the rumor's about Charles? Charles is the bastard son of the Seelie King also, but the King never claimed him his because to do so would have meant he sired a child out of wedlock and his then wife would have taken him to court!" Leathan argued.

"Yes, but it doesn't matter anymore, because the late queen is dead, and she wasn't even his soulmate. Wasn't it rumored that Hawks daughter, Violet is his true soulmate? If that is true then the courts will overlook the fact that he has two bastard children because his first marriage didn't count." The King said excitedly. 

"The courts have already disregarded and disovleved his first marriage, and they know of the two bastard children, and have accepted the children as his, because royal blood runs in their veins." 

The King took a moment to overthink and understand all this information he had just learned. His mind raced with excitement and he hoped good will come out of all this. 

Sidri took a deep breath if inhalation, before he spoke. "If Maria is part Fay then I can marry her!"

"Don't run ahead of yourself, Kalan hates the Unseelie, and have you forgotten that you hate them as well? Our people will never agree to a union between you and Maria!" Leathan argued. "It would be a huge risk to make her your bride!"

The King of Fays knew this to be true, but in his heart of hearts, he could not live without Maria, there had to be a way around all this, he thought, as he walked to the glass window and placed his palms on the glass. 

"I love her Leathan!" Sidri said hoarsely.

The Kings second in command sighed, "You thought you were in love with Ciera too, remember?"

The King dropped his head to his chest, Leathan was right, he had fancied himself in love with his wife, even though he knew she wasn't his soulmate, but with Maria it's different, he knows that she is his soulmate of that he had no doubt. 

"Ciera was a whore who tricked me into believing that I loved her just so she could be queen. I'm rid of her now, and looking forward to a life with Maria. I will marry Maria with or without the councils consent. She is my soulmate and I'm not giving her up!"

"Think before you speak my friend, the council hate's the Seelies and are plotting to destroy them. They will never agree to a union between you and Maria, they will kill her and you too if you defy them!" Leathan warned.

"Then so be it! I will live with her or I shall die with her, either way we shall be together! She is my soulmate and we stay together, be it in this life or the after life, we will remain together!"

"Then you must hurry and go to the council and try to convince them to become allies with the Seelies, it is your only hope I'm afraid."

"And if they refuse?" Sidri's handsome face was creased with pain. 

"I don't think they will, If you declare your love for Maria they will listen to your reasoning, and if they don't, you are still the king and can overrule  them!"

"Then I shan't waste any more time!" The King said and disappeared into thin air.

**************

It was late when the King zapped himself to Maria's chamber at Foster's castle, he wanted to visit with her before he set out to have a talk with the council. Walking by the bedside, Sidri looked down at his soulmate's sleeping form, and his heart melted at the sight of her. She looked like an angel. Without hesitation, he jumped in bed with her and wrapped his arms around her. Never in his life has he ever loved anyone as much as he loved her.

"Sidri, you're back!" Maria whispered happily, loving the fact that she woke up to his touch.

"Yes my love, I am here!" He answered, and his lips found hers. 

He kissed her passionately, hungrily, never wanting to let her go, his hands caressed every inch of her, but when his fingers danced over her stomach he thought he felt something flutter. Resting his palm on her stomach he waited, and again something fluttered. He nearly fell out of bed from all the excitement that rushed through his heart, mind and soul. 

"What it is Sidri?" Maria asked, worried that something was wrong.

"When was the last time you had your curse?" The Fay asked hoarsely.

"My what?"

"When was the last time you bled?"

"I....I..well...I..." Maria's eyes widened, "last month." 

Sidri kissed her lips passionately, before he pulled back his head and said in a tender loving way, "You are with child, my child!"

Note: for those of you that don't remember who Foster is, you can go back and read the chapters "the cave, and an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, and a few chapters after that to refresh your memories. 

Just a recap, years before, hawk had slept in a moment of weakness with Foster's wife, but he was not in love with her anyway, Foster's soulmate is Atropos, one of the Moires, (fates) and he loves her very much but he was lied to by Atropos sister and was told that she cheated on him, (which she had not) and broke up the relationship between the Moira and the Fay. Much later he then kidnapped nessa from Hawk to take out revenge on him, but in the end everything worked out. 

Thank you for your votes and comments.