Chapter 11 : A Crying sky

Start from the beginning

I smiled at her complain then said my goodbye and left.

I went to take my lunch in the park today, even though the weather isn't that beautiful, it's cloudy with little wind, I found the park empty, went to my usual place and sit on my own, eating, feeling the wind moving my scarf everywhere and perhaps even my hair under it, it didn't bother me, I actually enjoy it this time, I simply let the wind move me, took me away as if it's a music that is moving all my feeling and making me dance.

Then I heard footsteps coming closer, I look to see an old lady coming toward me, once she reached me, she sits next to me in the bunch and just stared at me for a while, I can't deny I felt so awkward at that moment, I couldn't explain, I couldn't tell what she is thinking and why is she staring at me. Eventually the lady spoke :

-It's a beautiful day isn't?

I nodded, smiling at her then she continued:

-Yet, most of people would say the contrary. Only few can see its beauty and enjoy it, only artists can see beauty in everything .

I looked at her surprise, this lady looks elegant, wise and not that old as I thought she's .

I answered, saying: Indeed, you're right madam.

-Oh, please call me Martha, I am not that old, she smirked in a perfect British accent.

-Okay and I'm Rahaf .

-Nice to meet you darling, you're not British aren't you? She asked

-No, I'm Algerian .

-So what brought you here ?

-My love for Adventures and Dreams, I replayed .

-Did you find them ?

-Yeah, I think so.

-That's a great thing, I hope all of your dreams comes true Rahaf.

-Thank you.

I looked at her green eyes, they show lots of kindness and compassion, I could see she was an artist too, she must be, otherwise how would she say what she said, I wondered what she is doing here In the park alone, suddenly I had so many questions about her, why is that ? She seems mysterious.

The only thing I was sure of is that I felt comfortable with her, I felt myself and I could be as I am with her and it will be fine, what's it that makes me trust her and get that comfortable with her when I don't know her, I don't know anything about her except her name.

I watched the watch on my arm to see it's time for me to leave or I will be late, I get up, took my handbag , then turned to Martha and said :

-I must go now, it was nice to meet you .

-You too darling, I hope I can see you again.

-Me too, I said smiling then turned and left the park without truly leaving her, her presence, the few things we said, it had an impact on me, a good one which made me happy, I could forget all of my worries about college.

**********************

30 minutes later

I reached the college, as always late, it seems like some habits stick with us forever, I walked very fast, sometimes I would run until I reach the classroom , I went inside it wasn't full , they were only like 30 students, some looked foreign too so I wasn't the only one which is a good thing, I took a seat and waited for five minutes, after that the professor closed the door and begin his explanation about what we shall learn and how things is going to be, some general talks and theory about architecture, it was fascinating and made me think and questions so many things, I can say that I enjoyed the class so well. After that one, I had a short break, I took some rest and had time to think about everything that happened today, the lady of the park, she was mysterious for sure but meeting her made me happy, I enjoyed her company, then the class , how did I reach here, I always wanted to, they were times when I thought this could never happen , but eventually it did, when I least expect it, life is full of surprises and you can never know what will happen, the only thing you know for sure is that whatever what will happen it is for the best, cause Allah knows better; what is best for us.