Chapter Three

I sat there dumbstruck at the person before me. He continued to stare at me with concern. 

"Are you alright?" He said, for third time. I was just too stunned to speak. "What's your name? Do you have a concussion?"

"I...I" I tried to speak. "I think I'm fine. My name is Hadley. You're...Adam Young." Well, way to point out the obvious, Hadley.

He smirked slightly and offered his hand. "Are you sure you're alright? I'll walk you home if you want."

I took his hand, but shook my head at his offer to walk me home. "I can't go home. I won't go home. I have to keep going." I took a step forward to try and pick up my bike, but I felt pain and saw dark blood trickle down my leg. 

"That looks pretty bad. If you want, I can call your parents for you." Adam offered. I just couldn't believe that it was him. I was talking to the one person who seems to make my life better. 

"I really appreciate the help, Adam, but I just can't go home." I said, hobbling over to my fallen bike. 

"I know that it is none of my business, but did you run away from home?" He said, looking into my eyes. 

"Well, it's a bit of a long story."

He sat down on the ground. "You can tell me, if you want to. I've got time." I smiled slightly, even though tears were still falling down my cheeks. 

I sat down next to him. I told him what happened to me tonight, but not about my mother. I will never tell anyone about my mother. But he listened intently, brown eyes staring into blue. Even though I didn't know him, he was so kind, and no one was ever this kind to me.

After I was done talking, he didn't speak. The silence was overwhelming. Maybe he was thinking about getting up and leaving me. Maybe he didn't want to help. But then he spoke.

"I just think that your father would be worried about you. I'm sure he didn't mean what he said. Maybe he had a frustrating day at his job and he just snapped at you." Adam said. I found that last part hard to believe. Those thought had to come from somewhere, and I will never forgive him for saying those things. 

"I just can't go home." I said, getting up and wincing. I picked up my bike. Adam got up too.

"I can't stop you," Adam said. "But I don't think it's safe. Your father loves you. You said that he was yelling for you. He must be sorry."

I sighed, knowing that he was right. "You're right. I'll go home and talk to him. Thanks, Adam." I started walking, and I thought he was going to go off on his own way, but he had walked next to me.I bit my lip not to cry out in pain whenever I stepped on my bloody leg. 

"So," I said, trying to make conversation with the one person I've always wanted to meet. "What are you doing walking around in the middle of the night?"

"I couldn't sleep. It's such a nice night out, so I figured that I would go for a walk." He said, sticking his hands in his sweatshirt pocket. He looked up at the stars and pointed out some constellations. 

"What brings you to Small Town USA?" I said, smiling. Because, honestly, you could blink and miss Blue Lake. 

"I decided to take a month off. To relax a bit, and maybe write some more music." He said, looking me in the eye. "It's beautiful here."

I stopped for a moment. "Ok, this is going to sound very fangirl-ish, but I just am a huge fan of yours and I just can't believe it's you right now. I mean, sometimes it feels like you're the one thing that keeps me going each day when everything is going wrong, and I've just always wanted to meet you. And now you're here right now standing in front of me, and I couldn't be happier!" I ranted, pouring out my heart for a moment.

You'll unfold your paper heart and wear it on your sleeve.

He looked stunned for a moment, and I was almost sure he was going to run away completely freaked out. But he didn't. Instead he smiled and said: "I didn't know that I had that much affect on someone life." I smiled too, relieved that I didn't humiliate myself in front of Adam. 

We arrived at my house much too quickly. I didn't want to leave Adam's side, even though I just met him.

"Do you want me to talk to your dad?" He offered. 

"No," I said, a bit too forcefully. "I'll be fine. Thanks for everything."

He gave me a shy smile. "I'll see you later." With that, he waved and walked off into the night.

Those words buzzed around inside my head. He didn't say goodbye. He said 'I'll see you later'. 

He wants to see me later.

I can't believe it.

Hi everyone! Sorry the chapter was short! Make sure to vote and comment!

Luna out!