¢нαρтєя 39

Chapter 39

"It's been a long time, hasn't it?" My father said. I opened my mouth but couldn't speak. What was he doing here? Why was he here? "Liv? Liv answer me right now!" I heard Mason say. "Who is this?" My dad said and grabbed my phone from me. "Andrew," I heard Conner say. "You must leave, now," He hissed. "Why don't you come here and make me Battaglia," My 'father' said. "You've grown into such a beautiful young lady Olivia," My father said. "Get away from her," Mason said. What good is that going to do? "I'm calling the cops if you don't leave," I said. "What are they going to do? Take me back to prison?" He said. He scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest. He was supposed to still be in prison, somehow he got out and found us. "I'm not afraid of the cops, sweetheart," He said.

"You should be, they're out looking for you right now," Cole said. "And if they find you, you'll be locked up for even longer then you were sentenced." "I'm already in there for life, kid. Besides they won't find me." "Remember when we used to play hide and seek Olivia? You were the seeker and I was the hider, and you couldn't find me for hours?" He said. "This time, the police is the seeker. And I'm the hider, they won't find me. Just like you didn't." "Well the difference is, there's more of them then you. And I was what 6? I think that's called bad parenting to let your kid search the house for you for several hours." My father chuckled. "You're smart, you got my genes," He said. I stepped back and Cole stepped in front of me. "Mace I have to go," I said. "No, Liv, don't hangup on me," He said. "I have to call the police," I whispered. "Call me back as soon as you're done." I nodded and hung up. I dialed 9-1-1 and let it ring. "911 what's your emergency?" I backed away from the door to make sure my father didn't hear me.

"My father, Andrew Harrison is here at my house," I said. "We'll send someone right away. What is your current address?" I told her my address and she told me someone was on the way. I hung up and stepped behind Cole. "You should leave, now," Cole said and pulled out his phone. "I'll call," He said. "Go ahead," My father said. Cole looked at me before dialing 9-1-1. He knew I already called it. He faked calling it. My father smirked at him. "Hi I have Andrew Harrison here at my house," Cole said. "Cole Harrison, he used to be my father." The smirk from my father's face disappeared. "You didn't kid," He said and took steps towards Cole. "Get away from him," I shouted. "Send people immediately, please," Cole begged. I heard sirens in the distance. My father's eyes widened and Cole shoved the phone into his pocket.

My mom came down the stairs and her jaw dropped once she saw my father standing at the door. "What the hell are you doing here," She said. "Nice house you got here Amy," He said. "How did you get out," She said. "I have my ways," He said. I saw two police officers standing behind my father. They were holding their fingers up to their mouths. And tackled my father to the ground. "I'LL GET YOU KID! YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY! I'LL BE BACK FOR YOU DON'T YOU WORRY!" My father shouted as the cops pulled him away. I was out of breath and grabbed Cole. My mom shut the door and hugged us both. "You should've gotten me," She said. "Cole answered the door before I could do anything," I said. "Why on Earth would you let him open the door?" She said. "Mom, I was upstairs screaming at him to not open the door," I said. "Mason warned me, I don't know how he knew that he was here, but, he warned me and Cole opened the door."

I don't think I've ever said why my parents got a divorce when I was a teen. My dad used to come home drunk almost every weekend. He would try to boss my mom around and say things to her that were awful. And eventually when she didn't agree to the things he was trying to make her do, or if she would try to stand up for herself he would beat her. One day he came home on a weekday after work, and he was waisted. He went after Cole who was only 7 at the time and I was 12. I jumped on his back and did the best a 12 year old could do to a 30 something man. He threw me onto the ground threw a couple of punches and then my mom came home and saw the him attacking the two of us. Everything changed then. She grabbed the two of us and dragged us both out of the door. And ever since then I've never seen my dad once until today.

"I'm so sorry this happened you guys," She said and hugged the two of us. I heard a knock on the door and my mom looked through the blinds before opening the door. "Hello, officer," My mom said. They started in a conversation and I sighed. Mason texted me asking what was going on and I explained what happened. But the real question was, how did Mason know not to answer the door? Did Mason send him over here? Did he tell him where I lived? Did he help him get out? 'How did you know?' I texted Mason. He called me and I answered it. "Mason, how did you know that it was my dad," I said. "It was guess, honestly, my father and I saw him yesterday," He said. "My father and him started talking, he asked if he knew where you guys lived." "It was pretty scary, Liv. He was asking for you."

"Did you tell him Mason? Where we lived?" I asked. "No, we didn't," He said. "I honestly don't know how he found you, I swear. I would never ever do that to you," He said. "I'll ask my dad, and I'll tell you in the morning, okay?" He said. I blinked a couple of times and then nodded. I hung up. "Go upstairs and get some sleep, it's pretty late now," My mom said. I nodded and she continued to talk to the officer. I grabbed Cole and we walked upstairs. "Liv now I'm scared," he said. "Grab a blanket and you can sleep in my room tonight," I said. Cole nodded and grabbed a blanket and a pillow. He curled up in my chair in the corner. "Are you scared?" He asked. I nodded slowly.

"Terrified."

Hi two in one day, ik I'm bomb af.
I hope you have a great day!!

« Prev