¢нαρтєя 23

Chapter 23

"Does it hurt less if I pretend I didn't see it?"

The bell rang, meaning free period. I was in need of this free, I was sick of my classes and school. I definitely needed to take a break. I walked out of my math class and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I walked down the math hallway and then down another hallway. I finally got to my locker and quickly opened it. I shoved my math folder into my locker and took out my blue homework folder. I closed my locker and sighed. I started walking towards the side entrance. Since it's such a nice day out, I decided to sit outside for my free period. "Hey Liv," Tim said and waved. I waved back and smiled. "Do you know where Maddie is? I have to ask her something?" He asked. I shook my head. "Did you try texting her?" I asked. He nodded. "Oh well I'm sorry Tim, I don't know then" I said. "It's okay, I'll find her later" He said and closed his locker. "Thanks anyway," He said and walked away.

I think Tim and Maddie like each other. I'll have to ask Maddie later about the two of them. "Liv!" I heard someone shout. I turned around and saw Kyle. I smiled and he ran over to me. "Kyle," I said and smiled. "Hey beautiful. I haven't talked to you in ages, how are you?" He asked. Beautiful? I shouldn't make a big deal out of it...He's just being nice. Right? Right. "I'm okay, how about you?" I asked. "Fine," He smiled. "How come you're only okay?" He asked. "Well my mom's in the hospital, and Mason and I are sort of on good terms now, but sort of not" I said. "Oh, I'm so sorry about your mom" he said. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" Kyle was so nice, and so cute too, why couldn't I still like him? "She got into a car accident, and right now she's in a coma" I said. "I'm sorry Liv," Kyle said. "It's okay," I said. "What do you have?" I asked. "Free," he said. "Me too!" I said and smiled.

"I was just about to go sit outside, wanna join me?" I asked. "I guess," He joked. I smiled and he smiled back. I pushed open the doors and we sat down at one of the empty tables that was in the court yard. "So you know about that hanging out thing" He asked. I nodded. "We should hangout tonight, or this weekend or something" He said. "Well what do you have in mind?" I asked. "I was thinking a movie?" He said. "That's sounds fun" I said. "So when do you want to go?" He asked. "Maybe tomorrow?" I asked. "Sure," He said. I nodded and opened my folder. "So, can I ask you something?" He asked. "You said something about sort of being on good terms with Mason, and sort of not" He said. I nodded. " Do you still like him or something?" He asked. I bit my lip. Should I tell him? I can't tell everyone, maybe I should lie. Besides, Kyle and I aren't even that good of friends yet.

"No, I only want to be friends with him" I said. "Cause we used to be like best, best friends" I said. "Right," He said and I started to do my homework. "But you don't like him?" Kyle asked. "What's this about Kyle?" I asked. "Nothing," He said and ran a hand though his hair. "You just deserve better, you know?" He said. "That means a lot, but I don't like Kyle" I said. He didn't look convinced. Maybe I should add something else. "I've already learned my lesson with him" I said. He nodded. I think he was convinced now, but I wasn't totally sure. I should change the subject. "So what movies are there?" I asked. "Let's look," He said and pulled out his iPhone 5. He started scrolling and I finished my first page of homework. I stuck it back into my homework folder and then pulled out another sheet of my homework. "There's Unfriended" He said. "Oh um, I don't really do scary movies" I said. "And isn't that rated R?" I said. He shrugged. "You've never snuck into a rated R movie?" He said. "No," I said and bit my lip.

He smiled. "It's okay," He laughed a little. "Don't laugh, that's mean!" I joked. His smile got bigger. "How do you even sneak in?" I asked. "You just gotta find a random person who's seeing the same movie as you, and ask if you could go in with them" He said. "I could never do that," I said. "You could" He said. "But, we don't have to see that if you don't want too" He said. "How about a different movie?" I said. He nodded. I scooted next to him and looked at the different movies. "What about the Avengers? I like them" I said. "Let me guess which ones your favorite..." He said. "Captain America" He said. "How'd you know?" I asked. "He's easy on the eyes" I laughed and he smiled. "Who's yours?" I asked. "Probably Iron Man, he's funny as hell" He said. I heard laughing that sounded recognizable.

I turned around to see Mason pinning Brooke against the wall, and his tongue was half way down her throat. Ugh, gross. My smile dropped from my face. I felt a ping of jealous fire through me. My fists tightened but I looked away. I still felt hurt seeing them, but, I have to show that I don't care. I have to hide it. But maybe if I pretend I never saw it, it'll hurt less. "You look upset" Kyle said. "I'm fine," It came out more mean then I meant it to be. I sighed. "I'm sorry, I just-" "Jealousy huh" He said. I'm not jealous, I just...I don't like them together" I said. "That's jealousy, but it's okay, I won't tell" he said and smiled. "You know, I pretty sure he still likes you. You could always just fight the kid back with his own game" He said. "He's obviously trying to make you jealous, try to make him jealous back" He said.

That isn't a good idea... It didn't end well last time, it probably wouldn't have ended well this time. I shook my head. "That usually doesn't end well..." I said. He shrugged. "All right, it's your choice" He said. "But know that I'm always here if you need something" The bell rung and we both stood up. "I'll see you later" I said. Kyle nodded and I walked back inside.

-Kyle Samuels-
I hung back at the table after Liv left. Mason walked away from Brooke, and we made eye contact. I sent him a nod and he just ignored it and walked away. I looked back and saw Brooke sitting at the same table I was. I waited until Mason left to say something to her. "You do realize that this isn't going to work" I snapped. "What are you talking about" She asked. "She still likes Mason" I said. I rested my elbows on the table. "You invited her to the movies?" She said. I nodded. "Good, Mason and I will be there too, once she see's us, she'll get upset, again. That's when you come in, confront her about it. Then comfort her, make her feel better, flirt with her. Do things that'll make her feel like you actually like her" She said. "I do," I said. She sighed. "Well you like me more, don't you?" She said. Do I? I shrugged. She rolled her eyes. "Well fine, just act like you honestly give a shit about her. Okay?" She said.

"I don't know Brooke it seems mean" I said. "Who the fuck cares? She deserves this" She said. I don't think so... This is mean, really mean. "I'm not going to be part of the ending" I said. "You have too Kyle, it'll be the only way she'll back off" She said. "And then she'll finally be at her place again, back at nobody ville" She said and smiled. "She deserves every ounce of this, do it, or I'll stop paying you" She said. I ran a hand through my hair. I licked my lips. "Fine," I said. "But I doubt it's gong to work. Liv's a smart girl" I said. "Not smart enough," Brooke hissed. "This will work, Kyle" She said. I bit my lip. "Come on, lets get to class"

oh sugar.
comment what you think their master plan is???
​What do you guys think of Kyle now? >:)
thanks for all the nice comments btw.

« PrevNext »