¢нαρтєя 19

Chapter 19
A/N: This is gonna be super duper long one:) You're welcome.

"People always leave"

Oh my god. The lady hung up the phone and I zoomed out of the loop in front of the school. "Liv? What's going on" Cole asked. I zoomed through a light and saw the turn for the highway up ahead. "Liv," Cole said again. "Mom's been in a car accident" I said. I merged into the lane next to mine as I got onto the highway. I ran a hand through my hair as I past slow cars. I heard Cole starting to dial something on his phone. "Who are you calling?" I asked. "Julia!" I hadn't realized it but he was crying by now. I saw a sign that said 'Duke University Hospital next right'. I turned my turning signal on, and moved over so that I was in the lane the farthest to the right. I got off on exit 15 and waited at the red light. I could see the hospital up ahead.

"Julia," Cole cried into the phone. "M-My mom's been in a car accident" He cried. "T-This is Duke right?" He asked me. I nodded. "It's Duke, yeah...Okay I'll see you guys soon" Guys? Soon? No. Mason can't come here! Not now! The light turned green and I turned right. I pulled into the parking garage and stopped at the booth. I pressed a green button and grabbed my parking ticket. I pulled into the parking garage and looked around for parking spots. "There's one" Cole said. I pulled into that spot and Cole and I both got out of the car. I slammed my car door shut and Cole sprinted past me. "Cole, wait!" I shouted. I locked the car and ran after him. "Cole! Watch where you're going!" I shouted. He avoided the people in front of him and I saw him press the elevator button. Geez he was fast.

I ran into the elevator just in time as it closed. "You couldn't have held the door for me" I asked. "You made it...Press 3" He said. I sighed and pressed the '3' button on the key pad. The elevator zoomed up and in seconds we were at level 3. The doors opened and Cole and I walked out. We walked over towards the front desk and a lady with blonde hair looked up at us. "Hello," She said. "What can I do for you" She said. "Our mom's here, we got a call saying she was in a car accident" I said. "What's her name" She asked. "Amy Harrison" I said. "Room 243 floor 2" She said. "Thank you," I said as we walked towards a different set of elevators. Cole pressed the up arrow and the doors opened. We walked in and the elevator doors closed. Cole pressed the 2 button and then I felt the clear elevator zoom up.

It felt like I could see everything from here, the highway, the cars, the people. Everything from here looked as if it was a normal day, and people were just doing something they did everyday of their lives. But it wasn't for us, our mom was in the hospital...There's a chance she could be severely injured, or even dead. But I couldn't tell Cole that, I wanted to be sure. The doors opened and Cole ran out of the elevator. "Cole stop running, we're in a hospital" I said. He stopped and started walking as he stood in front of two very large doors. I saw a sign that said 'ICU' on it. Oh dear lord help us now. 'ICU' means Intensive Care Unit, they put people here because they need to keep a better eye on them. This is where the severely injured patients go.

I pressed the red button and picked up the tan colored phone. "How can I help you" "I'm here to see my mother, Amy Harrison room 243" I said. "Yep, you're right here. I'll buzz you in" The lady said. "Thank you," I set the phone back down and there was a buzzing noise, Cole pulled open the door and we walked into the ICU. I could be working here someday, that means if I get in to Duke. And if they accept me. I did apply, but we should hear back from the colleges around the end of summer through sometime next year. Getting into some sort of good medical school has been my dream ever since I was little. And working here, or getting into Penn State would be a dream come true.

I guess Cole found the room because I saw him run into one at the end of the hallway. I had to jog a little to catch up to him and ran into the room. I saw his hand was over his mouth and I turned the corner to see my mom hooked up to many beeping machines. Beeping was good, that means she was still alive. I think she was sleeping right now, but I couldn't really tell. She had stitches under her left eye and there was a lot of bruises over her entire body. "Oh my god," Cole whispered. I could see bruises all along her forehead. She must have hit her head very badly. I wonder if they got a CT. They must have gotten a scan. "Is she dead?" Cole whispered. It looked like she was, but she wasn't. "No, Cole she isn't dead" I said. He sighed in relief and I wrapped an arm around him.