¢нαρтєя 38

Chapter 38

I pulled my hair into a messy bun and plopped down on the couch. I pulled out my phone and texted my mom to see if she needed anything. She said 'no' so I sat down on the couch. I turned on the tv and grabbed a blanket. I heard my phone start to go off and I smiled once I saw that Mason was FaceTiming me. I answered it and I saw his face appear on the screen. "Hey, babe!" He said. "Hi Mace, how was your day?" I asked. "Fine lots of meetings with my dad. How was yours?" He asked. I shrugged. "Just another day watching Netflix," I said. "Well you love that, so how was that?" He asked. I smiled. "Perfect actually. I hate a date with McDreamy," I said. Mason semi glared at me. "Too bad he's dead now," He said. "You're not funny," I said. He chuckled and I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I miss you," I said. He smiled. "I miss you too baby," He said. "But I'll be home tomorrow, right when you wake up I'll be leaving for the airport," He said. I blinked a couple of times and then nodded. "So anyone knew appear lately?" He asked. I gave him a weird look. "Are you talking about Kyle?" I asked. He stared at me for a second before nodding. "Yeah, I'm talking about..Kyle," He said. I gave him a weird look. "Mason what's wrong?" I asked. He licked his lips before looking around. "Nothing, I'm just making sure you aren't hanging out with him." "You're lying," I said. He always touches his bottom lip when he's lying. "What's up Mace?" I said. "Who do you think would make an appearance at my house?" I asked. "No one," He said. "Mason, seriously you're scaring me." He smiled. "It's nothing to worry about babe, I promise. I was only wondering about Kyle."

He didn't touch his lip this time, but I still don't know if I could believe him. "Don't worry, I promise," He said. "Is Cole home?" He asked. "He's upstairs, sleeping," I said. "Oh I wanted to talk to him, how about your mom? How is she doing?" He asked. "Fine, she's sleeping upstairs too." He nodded. "So what were your meetings about today?" I asked. "Money, future plans, you know the basic stuff," He said. I nodded. "You're acting kind of weird Mace, what's up?" I said. He shrugged. "Nothing, it's just been a long day. I'm tired." I nodded. "Well if you're tired I'll let you go then," I said. "No!" He said. "Don't hang up," He said. I gave him a weird look. "Mason tell me what's going on right now," I said. He sighed and looked up. "Hold on," He said and got up from where ever he was. He stuck his phone in his pocket.

"Where are you going?" I heard his dad ask. "In my room, I'm tired," Mason said. "Okay, goodnight," He said. "Night," Mason said and walked into his room. He closed his door and he took his phone out of his pocket. "Okay, sorry I had to come in here." "What's going on?" I asked. He pressed his lips together and looked around. "Mason, please," I said. "You really are scaring me," I said. "It's nothing Liv," He said. "Tell me about Grey's, what episode are you on," He said. He's trying to change the subject, something really is going on. But what? What happened to make him act this weird? "Did your dad say or do something to you Mace?" I whispered. "No, of course not," He said. "I'm tired, and I have a lot on my mind. I'm sorry," He said. "That's not it," I said. "Something's wrong," I said.

I heard my doorbell go off and I looked. "Liv," Mason said. I looked at the clock who would be at my house at 9:30? "Don't answer that," He said. I suddenly got chills all over my body. "Why..." I said slowly. He didn't answer. "Mason there could be a murderer outside my door, what the hell is going on." "Just don't answer it, go get your mom," He said. "Mason," I said. "Run upstairs and get your mom Olivia. Now." He's never called my Olivia before, well only when things are really serious. I got up quickly and the doorbell went off again. I was really really scared now. "Wake up Cole up too," He said. I ran into Cole's room and shook him awake. "Cole," I said. "Cole wake up," I said. "Someone's at the door, and Mason told me not to answer it." "So?" Cole said. "He know's something that he's not telling me." Cole rubbed his eyes. "Then I'll go answer it," He said.

"No! Cole go wake your mom up," Mason said. "No Mason, it's probably stupid," Cole said and got up from bed. "Wait, Cole," I said. "Liv you need to stop him," He said. "Mason tell me what's going on," I said. "You have too, or I'm never talking to you again," He said. "It's something with my dad, I...hold on," He said and got up. "Dad," Mason said. Suddenly I couldn't hear anything anymore. He must've put me on mute. Then I saw Conner looking at me. "Liv?" He said. "What," I said. He took a shaky breath. "Whatever you do, do not answer the door." "COLE!" I shouted. I heard the front door open and I ran down the stairs. "Oh my god," I heard Cole say. My heart was beating rapidly. Who was there? Did the person have a gun to Cole's head?

"Cole...." I said slowly. He wouldn't turn around. "What the hell are you doing here," Cole said. I started walking slowly. "Liv, what's happening," Mason said. "Cole opened the door, I don't know who's there," I said. I saw Mason look at his dad. "Grab Cole and slam the door, as fast as you can," Conner said. I blinked a couple of times. "Who is it," I whispered. I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. I was so scared. Who would show up to our house like this? "Liv, please," Mason said. I walked towards the door and hid behind it as I grabbed Cole's arm. "Stay back," Cole said under his breath. "Who's there with you?" It was a man's voice. My heart started beating even faster. I looked around for something to grab and I found keys. I could stab someone with keys right?I walked around the door and when I came face to face with the person my heart sunk. "Liv? Liv?" I heard Mason say.

"Princess, my have you grown up." Tears spilled down my cheeks.

"Dad."

« PrevNext »