¢нαρтєя 34

Chapter 34
​"Don't let jealousy get the best of you"

"Hello Amy," I heard someone behind me say. I turned around and saw a man wearing a white lab jacket on, Doctor Rodgers. "Hello," She said. "So, I see that you're all prepped for surgery?" He said. My mother nodded. "Good, now, the procedure should take around three to four hours. But when you get out of surgery it may take a couple of hours for you to wake up," He said. My mother nodded. "I will see you in the OR" He said and then walked out of our room. Two nurses came into the room to unhook the machines from the wall. "I'll see you when you're out of surgery," I said. My mom nodded. Just as they started to wheel my mom out, Katrina and my aunt Lisa ran into the room. "Oh good we made it," Aunt Lisa said. I smiled as I saw Nikki holding onto Katrina's hand. Nikki's been living with Katrina and my aunt these past couple of weeks. Aunt Lisa offered since I had school and wouldn't be able to take her to day care everyday.

"We'll be here, waiting for you," Aunt Lisa said and patted my mom's hand. "We love you," Katrina said. I tried not to roll my eyes. They wheeled my mom out of her room and we all walked out. "It would be best if you all waited in the waiting room downstairs for us," One of the nurses said. We nodded and made our way towards the elevator. I wrapped an arm around Cole and sighed as the elevator doors closed. I felt the elevator move downwards towards the first floor. I don't know why Katrina even showed up. We all know she doesn't want to be here. She'll probably start to complain in about twenty minutes. Nikki ran over to me and I picked her up. "Hey Nik," I said. "I haven't seen you in a while," I said. She nodded and wrapped both of her little arms around me. God I missed her. The elevator doors opened and we walked out. I saw Mason walking through the front door with a brown bag in his hand.

"Hey," I said. "Did she go into surgery yet?" He asked. I nodded. "She just left," I said. "I tried to make it, I'm sorry," He said. I shook my head. "It's okay," I said. "What's that" I said. "Food for you and Cole," He said. Mason spotted Nikki in my arms and he poked her sides. She groaned. I guess she was tired. "Nikki look who it is," I said. She picked her head up and smiled once she saw Mason. "Hey cutie," He said. She giggled. She leaned towards him and she moved into his arms. I sat down next to Cole and took out the fries, I need to go for a run when I get home or something. I've eaten so much fast food in the past couple of weeks. I stuck some salty fries into my mouth and watched as Mason played with Nikki over in the corner. "He's cute," Katrina said. I looked over a couple of seats and nodded. "Keep a good grip on that one, someone might just come in and swoop him away," She said. I knew she was talking about herself. She was warning me. "Well, I hope not," I said.

Nikki ran back over to me and sat down next to Katrina. She took out Nikki's coloring book from her purse and handed it to Nikki. Mason walked back over and Mason took a seat next to me. "Mason, hey," Katrina said. Mason looked up and scratched the back of his neck. "Katrina, hey, how are you?" He asked. I tried to ignore them as they made small talk. Mason asked her about college, she flirted with him. He dated a ton of girls, how does he not notice her flirting? "She should just marry him already," Cole said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. "She can go," I said and stuck a fry into my mouth. I glanced over at Katrina and saw that she was leaning down, which was exposing her entire chest. I couldn't tell if Mason noticed it or not. I felt my jaw tighten. I wanted to rip every single hair out of her stupid head. Can't she just back off? She can't steal him away from me. Mason's mine, and I worked hard to get him.

I heard Mason chuckle next to me. I looked up at him and saw that he was looking down at me. "What are you laughing at," I said. "You," He said. "Why?" "You're cute when you're mad," He said. I glanced over at Katrina and saw her helping Nikki. "She was practically shoving her boobs in your face," I said. He shrugged. "I'm not complaining, " He said. I glared at him and crossed my arms over my chest. "Oh come on, it was a joke!" He said. "Liv you gotta loosen up," He said. "That wasn't funny," I said. He shrugged and slid an arm around me. "Don't worry about it," He said and rubbed my arm with his hand that was around me. "How can I not worry about it? She stole her sisters boyfriend, what if she steals you away from me?" I said nervously. That would be awful if that actually happened. Seeing them together at family gatherings, holding hands, laughing, smiling, kissing. UGH! I hate her!

"Relax babe, I'm all yours," Mason whispered in my ear. Then he pecked my cheek. Okay, that made me feel better. That showed me that Mason wasn't interested. Good. "Eat your food, it's gonna get cold soon," He said. I nodded and started to eat some of the chicken nuggets that were in the bag. Katrina shouldn't be a problem anymore... Hopefully.

Mason and Liv are actually goals.
Anyway, sorry for not updating recently, but I end school on Monday so I'll be updating more!
Reminder: My contest ends in two days so make sure you send in a cover!! :)

« PrevNext »