¢нαρтєя 15

Chapter 15
A/N: My practice got cancelled, so I'll update:)

"But you're okay?" Maddie asked.
"Of course I'm okay, I mean, we were never really dating... So it doesn't really matter" I said and looked through my closet. I was trying to find something cute to wear, but I didn't know what.
"It does matter, your hurt Liv" She said.
"I'm fine Maddie really, I'm over it" I said.
"So if they're making out in the halls today, you won't bust out crying?"
"No," I said truthfully.
"Make Mason think that he made the wrong choice by choosing Brooke. Dress hot!" Maddie said and hung up the phone. I smiled and then threw my phone on the bed.

After looking at myself in the mirror one last time. I shut everything off and then walked out. I decided on jeans, and a really cute tank top and I straightened my hair. I picked up my bag and Cole threw me an apple. "Thanks," I said. He nodded and I swung my bag over my shoulder. "I gotta go, you okay?" I asked. He nodded. "Alright, I'll see you later" I said and walked out the door. I'll probably have a lot of homework and notes to catch up on. And even more homework for today. Lucky me. I unlocked my car and got into it. I tossed my bag in the back and turned on my car. I buckled my seat belt as I backed out my driveway. I pulled in the direction towards school and sped off.

Okay, I'll admit, maybe I'm a little nervous to see Mason at school today. I have a strong feeling he'll try to talk me into being friends with him again. But, I seriously can't keep acting like his fake girl friend every time Brooke hurts him. And knowing Brooke, that's going to be a lot. So I think its best if we weren't friends. I ran a hand through my hair as I pulled into the parking lot of the school. I took a shaky breath as I parked my car. I saw Maddie talking to the girls out front. I turned my car off, grabbed my bag and got out. I locked my car and stuck my keys into one of the pockets. I swung my bag over my shoulders and made my way towards Maddie and the girls. I chewed on the inside of my lip as I got closer. What would people think? I bet I was the talk of the school, and extra attention isn't good.

"Hey," Gina said. "How are you?" She asked. "Better," I said and smiled. "Locker?" Jordan asked. I nodded. We all turned around and walked towards the entrance of the school. I could start to feel more people stare at me, or whisper something to their friend next to them about me. We walked inside, and everyone quieted down once they saw me standing there. "Come on," J said and hooked her arm onto mine. I was right. I was the talk of the school. I tried ignoring peoples stares and whispers. I stood at my locker and opened it. I pushed my bag into my locker and exhaled sharply. I can't believe this is actually happening. This is so embarrassing. And it's all Mason's fault. How do people even know about this?

"I heard they broke up,"
"I bet he was just using her"
"Poor Liv, but she should have known better"
"Yeah I thought she was smart"
"If she was smart, she wouldn't have dated Mason Battaglia"

"Enough!" Maddie shouted. Everyone quieted down. I turned around and stared at her. "Can't you all just mind your own damn business?" She shouted. "Yeah! Get a life!" Gina shouted. I shut my locker and placed a hand on my forehead and laughed. Jordan laughed along with me. And after this, everyone went back to talking like nothing ever happened. People occasionally glanced at me, but, who can stop them from looking? I turned around and clutched my folders in my hands and looked up. And there he was, Mr. I-Like-To-Break-Girls-Hearts. We made direct eye contact. His friends where laughing at something Drew said, but Mason wasn't laughing along with them. Everything seemed to stop, I couldn't hear what Gina was saying anymore. I couldn't hear what anyone was saying. All I could see was Mason.

I tore my eyes away from his as we got closer. We passed and I could smell him, the cologne, the boyish smell, Mason. It made my heart break a little more, but yet I continued to walk down the hall. "Wow," Maddie said. "He's still staring at you, by the way" She said as we stopped at her locker. I bit my lip. "You're sure you don't want to be friends with him?" She asked. "I'm positive," I said and brushed my bare arms. "Even though it hurts now, I'll thank myself later" I said. "He's probably really confused," Gina said. He probably is. "I think you should talk to him Liv," Jordan said. "He should figure it out himself," I said. "He doesn't know you liked him though, you just randomly said that you didn't want to be friends anymore" She said. I guess she has a point. "You don't have to do it right away, but I think he at least deserves an explanation" She said.

"I'll do it, but I don't want to do it now. Not when I still like him," I said. She nodded. Maddie was staring at something behind me. "Don't move, don't look" She said. "What?" I asked and was about to turn around but she grabbed my wrist. "Don't fucking turn around," She said. "Kyle Samuel's coming over here" She said. He's never even talked to me before. "Olivia?" I could hear his low voice say. I licked my lips and turned around. "Kyle, hey" I said. He was definitely over 6 foot. He had dirty blonde hair and ice blue eyes, yes he was gorgeous, and yes I've had a crush on him for ages. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry Battaglia's such a dick" He said. "You deserve better," I blinked a couple of times, trying to process the thought. I felt someone elbow me in the back. "Thank you," I said quickly. He chuckled. "Anytime," He said. "Come talk to me sometime, yeah?" He said. I nodded and nodded back and then he walked away.

"Holy shit Livy," Jordan said and shook me. Maddie shut her locker, and we walked back down towards my locker. Kyle Samuel's didn't play football or basketball, but he did play lacrosse. And I guess was on varsity in 8th grade, which means he was on JV in 7th. And that's pretty damn good. Kyle was also a lot quieter then Mason and his friends, but he's a lot sweeter. Okay maybe Tim's pretty sweet, but he's only nice to some people. And Kyle's kind to everyone, he has manners, and he's really hot. I don't know why people don't think he's hot. "This is big for you!" J said as we walked past Mason again. "You should go talk to him, and ask him to hangout some time!" Gina said. I shook my head. "I could never do that," I said. "It'll help you get over Mason" She said. "No, I mean, ask him" I said. "Well, maybe if you talk to him more, he'll ask you" Maddie said. "Maybe," I said and walked into my class.

They're right. I need to move on. Mason obviously doesn't like me back, if he did he wouldn't have kissed Brooke. He wouldn't have planned out this entire thing, to try to get Brooke back. He wouldn't have dated Brooke in the first place if he liked me. The point is, I really do need to move on.

And hanging out with Kyle will definitely do the trick.

« PrevNext »