¢нapter 21

Chapter 21

"Congrats slut. He's yours"

"I'm so sorry Liv" Maddie said. "How come you didn't text me back? Or call?" She asked. "I really just wanted to be alone" I said. She nodded. "I'm really sorry Liv" She said. "Thanks Maddie" I said and sighed. School has been rough. I'm not even paying attention in class, because I'm thinking about my mom, then the teacher decides to call on me and I don't know the answer. They always have to call on the people that don't pay attention. What is the point? Everyone knows your not listening. So why bother? "So what about you and Mason" She asked. "Nothing," I lied. Why am I lying to Maddie? I tell her everything. "I was walking with Tim this morning, and Mason came over to us and started flipping about. I heard your name a couple of times in there" He said. He's probably telling him that I like him. Now the entire school's probably going to know, fantastic.

"Olivia Grace Harrison, tell me right now or else I'll never talk to you again" She said. "Maddie I'm not in the mood" I said. "I'm your best freaking friend, we tell each other everything" She said. "You can't be not in the mood to tell me something, you have to tell me even in your in the worst of moods" She said. I sighed. "Fine, fine" I said. "I told Mason I liked him" I said, quietly. "You what" She said. "Why? What happened?" She asked. "He kept bothering me about why I wasn't his friend, and I told him that I don't like Brooke, and don't want them together but he wanted another reason. So I told him" I said. Maddie shook her head. "I could never do that, tell the boy I like him. You've got guts kid" She said. That made me smile. "I knew I could get a smile out of you" She said and bumped me with her shoulder.

"Did anything else happen?" She asked. "Well, first he said that there was a guy out there but it just wasn't him, and he called me beautiful, and who ever ends up with me is lucky, and I don't really know" I said. "To be honest I feel like he says that to every girl he breaks up with" I said. Maddie didn't answer, so I knew I was right. "Did he say that to you?" I asked. "No, well, he told me I was pretty, not beautiful" She said. "What were his exact words?" I asked. "You're pretty, but I can't be with you anymore" She said. Ouch. "He's such a dick" She said. "He'd be lucky to have you. And he chooses her over you? What a jerk" She said and rolled her eyes. "Speaking of the jerk" She said and I picked my head up. I saw Mason walking over to us. "Hey," He said. "Hi" I said. "You're here, I wasn't sure if you were coming to school" He said. "I'm...here" I said. Sort of, I'm physically here, but my mind is somewhere else.

"I'm glad," He said. Maddie scoffed. Mason looked at her. "Can I help you with something, Madison?" He asked. "You have some nerve to pass up a girl as amazing as Liv" Maddie snapped. "Maddie don't" I said. "No it's okay, go ahead, scream at me. I don't know why I chose her, it just happened" "So you're saying you didn't even think about dating Liv" Maddie said. "No! I just,-" He sighed and raked a hand through his hair. "I don't want to hurt her" He said. "Standing right here guys" I said. They both ignored me. Wow, alright. "So you chose Brooke instead of Liv, so you don't hurt Liv?" She said and her eyebrows knitted together. "Isn't that just hurting yourself?" She asked. "Yes, but, I'd rather hurt myself then to hurt my best friend" He said. "You guys are talking about me like I'm not even here" I said. "Shh, I'm trying to figure this out" Maddie said. Gee, thanks Maddie.

"I don't think that's true" Maddie said. "What?" Mason and I said at the same time. "Liv, why don't you get to class. Madison and I have some talking to do" Mason said. "No, I'm not leaving. You're talking about me, so I deserve to know" I said. "Livy, you know I'll tell you. Just go, it'll make things come out a lot easier" She said. "That's what she-" "Shut up Mason" Maddie said. "Fine, but you're telling me everything at lunch" I said and glanced at Mason. "Yep, sure"
-Madison Reynolds-
"You want to date her, but you're scared" I said. Mason licked his lips and shifted uncomfortably. "You're scared of being in a relationship" I said. "I-I, no, that's not true" He said. "Mason, don't lie. I know you like her" I said. He was avoiding my eye contact. He must really like her. "I'm right, aren't I" I said. "I swear to god, you cannot telling a living sole" He hissed. My jaw dropped. Mason likes Liv. Mason actually has feelings. "Oh my god," I said. "Maddie are you listening to me? You can't even tell Liv" He said. "Fine," I said. "But let me try to figure this out" I said and crossed my arms over my chest. "You like Liv, but you're too scared to date her. So you go to Brooke because you try to push away the feelings" I said. "How the fuck do you know all of this" Mason asked. I smirked. "Damn I'm good" I said.