¢нαρтєя 31

Chapter 31
"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once" -John Green

As I slid on my dark jeans I heard the doorbell ring downstairs. That must be Mason. I quickly zipped up the zipper on my pants, grabbed my wallet along with my phone. Then I looked at myself in the mirror before walking out the door. I slowly walked down the stairs, to see if Mason and Cole were talking about anything. It's not technically eavesdropping... Okay, maybe it is, but only a little. I placed my hands on the banister and waited to see if I heard my name. And I did. "Please don't take her to that crazy party," Cole said. "How do you know about the party that's tonight?" Mason asked. There's a party tonight? Was Mason going to take me to the party? Does this even count as a date? I bit my lip as I continued to walk down the stairs. I couldn't decide if Mason would be the type of guy to take me to a party as a date. If he was the same guy as before, he would have totally taken me. But, since he's changed, I'm not so sure anymore.

"Hey," Cole said. I looked up and smiled at Cole. "Hi," I said. My eyes flickered to Mason and he was staring at me. His hands were in his front pockets. He was wearing a black sweatshirt, with jeans. He looked nice. But the thing that made me happy was that this wasn't Mason's outfit for a party. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and looked back at Cole. "I'll, see you later?" I said. He nodded. "Don't stay up to late okay" I said. He nodded. And I looked back at Mason, he hasn't said one thing so far. Was he getting second thoughts? I pressed my lips together as I glanced up at Mason. He held the door open for me as I walked out of my house. Mason waited for me and stretched his hand out, grabbed mine and intertwined our hands together. "You look pretty" He commented. I looked up at him, and he gave me half a smile as we got to the car. "I'm in jeans and a shirt" I said. "You still look pretty, you always look pretty" I smiled. "Well, thanks Mace" I said.

He opened the door for me and I got in. He shut it and walked in front of the car to the other side. He got in and buckled his seatbelt, pushing the button that started his car. "Where are we going" I asked as we zoomed off in the direction where we were going. "You'll have to see," He said. "Are we going to that party you guys were talking about?" I asked. He looked at me with a smile. "I see your an eavesdropper now, is this something new?" He asked. I giggled. "No, I just wanted to see where we were going" I said. "It's a surprise," He said. "Tell me," I said. He shook his head. "You have to wait Liv" He said. I huffed and tried to look around to see if I noticed anything, but, I didn't have a clue where we were. I've lived here for basically all my life and I still don't know where we are.

After a while, we pulled into a rocky street leading into the woods. I've never been here before, I didn't even know these woods existed until now. The car finally came to a stop. I looked around, we were in the middle of the woods. Mason unbuckled his seatbelt and looked at me. "What are we doing, looking for big foot or something?" I asked. He chuckled. "If you want to, we can. But, I don't think big foot likes these kinds of woods" He said and got out. I smiled and followed him out of the car. Mason locked his car and met me on the other side. "Come on," He said and pulled me to follow him. I wonder where we were going. Mason helped me over a big tree that had fallen. I was breaking a sweat just by walking, how far are we going to walk? Or maybe we haven't walked far at all, and I'm just out of shape...

Mason stopped and stared ahead of him. I followed his eyes and felt a tingly feeling in my stomach. In the middle of a grassy field was a table, two chairs, and candles. I smiled as Mason pulled me closer. "I thought this would be a lot better then a restaurant" He said. "It is," I said and smiled. He pulled my chair out for me and then pushed me in. "Wow Mace, when did you learn some manners?" I asked. He chuckled. "I'm insulted that you think I can't develop these manners on my own" He said and gave me a smile. I smiled back. "Timmy helped me" He said. "Wow, you owe Tim a lot" I said. "Tell me about it," He said and handed me a box. "Did you make this?" I asked. He nodded. He lifted the lid off and I saw spaghetti and meatballs. "My mom's recipe, you've had this before, right?" He asked. I nodded. Mason's mom's meatballs were to die for. No joke. "They're amazing" I said. "This is so nice Mace," I said.