I quickly changed into my outfit and then walked into Nikki's purple room. I sat down on the floor, and she was sitting on her bed swinging her legs back and forth. "So what do you want to wear?" I asked. "Something pink!" She said. I held a pink shirt out to her with a black cat on it and she shook her head. I folded it back up and placed it into her drawer. I held out a pink long sleeve shirt that had ruffles in it and Nikki nodded. I pulled out a pear of jeans and told her to get dressed. I waited outside and saw that Cole came out in a blue polo shirt and kaki's. "Does this look okay? I usually only wear this stuff to church" he said. I smiled and nodded. "Good, I'll be in my room. Come get me when they're here" he said and walked back into his room. Nikki opened the door, and she walked out. "How does my hair look?" She asked, being totally serious. I laughed at how cute she was and bent down. "Perfect!" I said.

"Good, now go do something about yours" She said. Yeah, Nikki has a lot of sass. "Hey, that wasn't nice" I said. "Sorry" She said as she was walking down the stairs. I walked back into my room, and saw that my hair was a little messy. I turned on my straightener and sat down on my bed. I came to think of something. What am I getting out of this? Mason gets Brooke, but what do I get? A fake broken heart? I should talk to Mason about this. I stood up from my bed and walked over to the straightener. I ran it through my hair again and fixed the fly away pieces. I heard the doorbell ring downstairs and I picked up my phone and looked at the time. It was 5:57. I ran a hand through my hair and then turned off my straightener. I walked out of my room and knocked on Cole's door. I turned around and walked down the stairs. I heard Cole's door open just as I hit the bottom step.

"Emily! You look great!" I heard Julia say. I saw them hug, and my mom thanked her. I saw Mason smiling next to his mom, with his hands in his pants. His dark brown hair was swooped up like usual, and he was wearing kaki's like Cole, along with a black v-neck. Cole got downstairs, and I looked at him. "Close your mouth, you'll catch flies" he said. "Shut up Cole" I hissed as he laughed. "Livy, when did you get so shy? Come on over here!" Conner, Mason's dad said. Cole and I walked over, and Conner smiled at me. I usually only see Conner once in a while, he was always working at the hospital. "Look at you Livy, you're turning into such a lady!" He said. Mason stood next to me as the parents chatted away. "You look pretty" He said. "Thanks" I said. "You look, somewhat good" I joked.

"You know I look good" He said. "Admit it" he said. I shook my head. "I can't believe the time that has gone by. Look at those two!" Conner said. I looked up at Mason, and he wrapped an arm around me and gave everyone a cheeky smile. "Where's the girl that used to tackle Mason into mud puddles?" He asked. "You can tackle me anytime, I prefer in bed but it's your choice" Mason said. "Stop it" I said and elbowed him and he chuckled. "She's still in there, somewhere" My mom said and smiled. "Look at them, I'm going to cry!" Julia said. "Don't you think they'd be the perfect couple?" Cole said. I glared at him, and he smirked at me. "They are!" My mom said. "I never noticed that!" Julia said. "I need to get a picture, come on, get closer!" Julia said and Mason handed her his iPhone 6. I felt Mason wrap an arm around my waist and he pulled me closer to him. I wrapped mine around him. "Smile big Livy" He said. I saw the flash go off, and I blinked a couple of times trying to make the bright white light go away.

"It's so cute!" Julia gushed. Everyone crowded around the phone. "Its like their in love" Cole said. I glared at Cole. "Cole, cut it out" I snapped and Mason chuckled. Julia handed it back to Mason and we looked at it. It actually did look decent, and we were closer then usual. Cole was right, we did look like a couple. It was scary how real it looked. I saw Mason set it to his lock screen and I felt him turn me around and pull me closer. I was resting on his chest as he looked down at his phone. He was texting someone, but I couldn't tell who. He slipped his phone in his back pocket and wrapped both of his arms around me. All of this Mason's done before, but now it feels different. It feels like it actually has meaning now. Not just some hug from your best friend.

"Wanna go upstairs?" Mason asked in my ear. I shrugged and nodded. "We'll call you down for dinner" My mom said from the kitchen. Cole walked behind me. "Make one more comment about us, I dare you" I hissed at him. Cole chuckled. "I've always liked dares" Cole said as we reached the top of the stares. I heard Mason chuckle. "Cole I said I would tell her, now back off" I said. "Okay, okay" He said and then walked into his room. Mason and I walked into my room, and he sat down on my bed. "So you wanna do that tackling thing now, or" I glared at him and a huge smirk appeared on his face. "We need to talk about this thing that's happening" I said. "Okay, what about it?" He asked. "You get something out of it, but I don't" I said. "You get to make out with me, with no cost! I think that's a pretty good deal" He said. "It's not," I said and rolled my eyes. "Fine, then I'll talk to Kyle for you" He said. "Wait, really?" I asked. "Yeah, he always asks about you. I bet he likes you" He said.

I hit Mason with a pillow. "Why didn't you tell me this before!" I said and continued to hit him. He grabbed the pillow from me and hit me back. "Hey!" I said and grabbed another one. I started hitting him, and I hit him right in the face. I laughed and covered my mouth. He hit me back, and I went to go hit him back but, I tripped over my own feet and crashed into him. We both fell on the floor, and I heard Mason start to laugh. "What's so funny?" I asked. "Your face" He said. "Good one" I said and rolled my eyes. I realized that we were inches apart, and he must have realized that too. I saw him look at my lips, and slowly leaned forward. I started leaning in as well and our lips were centimeters apart when I heard a knock on the door. I jumped off Mason and looked up at the door. "Dinner, kids" Conner said and walked back downstairs.

Mason and I almost just kissed...And it wasn't even just for show..
We actually almost kissed.

Oh my god.

« PrevNext »