Day 34: Xavier Blakely Is A Literal Sunshine

Beginne am Anfang

"Thinking," I reply

"You think weird."

"Why thank you."

Elise wanders off, rolling her eyes no doubt thinking about how annoying I am. It's a reaction from Elise that I'm used to and so I choose to ignore her and decide to focus on trying to quash the steadily growing boredom.

"What's up?" Levi whispers in my ear when we walk into a large room full of trophies.

"I'm steadily dying."

"What of?"

"Boredom."

"I'm not sure that's possible Jess," Levi replies, "sorry to break it to you."

"Are you making fun of a serious medical condition?" I ask. "Because that's not very nice if you are."

"I'm sorry," Levi says, "I always forget how serious boredom is, but do you not think that you're being a little overdramatic?"

"I don't know the meaning of the word."

"No wonder you nearly failed English then."

"I didn't nearly fail English, it's my best subject!"

"Exactly," Levi says teasingly, "I mean you failed everything else."

I look at Levi and pout. He's being unnecessarily mean and I don't like it. I glare at him and begin to scoot towards the other side of the room. Levi is having none of that though and wraps an arm firmly around my waist to stop me moving any further.

"Where are you running off to?"

"I wasn't running," I reply, "I was scooting."

"What's the difference?" Levi asks.

"Well scooting is more like shuffling, when you're running both your feet leave the ground."

"Damn it Jess, I love it when you talk all technical to me."

"Shut up Levi."

"Seriously Jess, tell me more about the difference between scooting and running."

"Well you're going to want to run away from my wrath if you carry on being an idiot," I tell him.

"Wow Jess," Levi says, "I think that may be the worst comeback you've ever used."

"I was thinking on my feet okay," I reply, "I was working under pressure and you know I don't cope well in timed situations."

"Do you need to work on it? Cause you know I could train you."

"How the hell would you train me?"

"I'd use an egg timer and my charming wit."

"Well we're going to have a problem seen as though one of them doesn't exist," I say.

"You're not telling me you've never seen an egg timer are you Jess?"

7:31PM (GMT) / 8:31PM (Local Time)

The concert is in full swing when Blakely take a break to speak to us.

I have started to tune out these sections of the concert and think about other things. Sometimes it's how mad my parents must be, sometimes it's about the trip and sometimes it's about Levi.

This time however I can't help but overhear something that catches my attention.

"So as you guys know the European tour is nearly over," James says.