30

Angel

It had been boring since Sebastian and the guys had left, I mean they have been gone for about two days which weren't long but it felt like they've been gone for an eternity. One can only do so much in this big mansion that has a computer room,  a home theater, a game room, a pool room and much much more. But none of that really interested me.

I had Sapphire but she was sappy because Lazear chose to go with them, not to help but just to make sure something fun didn't happen without his presence. Creep.

Danny and Simon were here also but who knows what they would be up to, I haven't seen Danny ever since he attacked me. I'm not scared of him because I know it wasn't his fault and he would never hurt me on purpose, but Simon on the other hand.... I'm not quite sure. Simon was so cold to me, well everyone. I don't think he's ever said anything to me personally but he's still kinda scary.

Sebastian told me to stay away from him. I don't really understand why they hated each other, at first I just thought it was typical sibling rivalry but it's deeper than that.

"You know if you love this garden why don't you marry it." Sien said snapping me out of my deep thoughts, I apologized feeling embarrassed and silly.

I had found comfort in their garden, the was just so pretty and large that I feel as if I could get lost in it for days.

"Sorry, didn't hear you come up." I said, she threw her head back and laughed.

A hearty laugh that both sounded menacing but also light hearted."I'm a vampire dear, you weren't supposed to hear me." She sat next to me and stared off into the garden and sighed.

"I could look at this every day, in fact I do. Something about mother nature and her ability to create such beautiful things. I've loved nature ever since I was a young child. I used to get in so much trouble when my mom would catch me playing in dirt or swimming in creeks. Saying that 'You are a young lady not a boy, ladies do not do such things as roll in filth.' But I would never listen, I'd sneak out the house before morning breaks and be back before she would notice me missing." She laughed another hearty laugh.

I smiled trying to hide my awkwardness from her since I can't relate much at all. My mom was a drunk who didn't care if I even came home.

So I said whatever first came to mind."She sounded like a delight." Sien looked at me with a raised eyebrow before laughing.

"Sometimes. She only wanted to do what was best back then. She wanted me to find a rich man and marry him so I wouldn't have to struggle another day in my life. Which kinda ended up happening I would say. But tell it to my mother and she'd think I was ruining my life, damning myself to eternal hell." 

I looked at her and she shrug her shoulders, her tiara sitting hight and proud on her head, sparkling in the sun. 

She saw me starring and took it off her head, I gave her a questioning look.

"This will be yours one day, you know?" She says placing it on top of my head.

All though I had worn one similar too this before, I didn't feel entitled to it, this was hers a true queen. I in fact was not queen material. I wore that tiara because it felt like part of a costume, but this this felt different.

I took the crown off my head and handed it to her."This isn't mine." I told her blushing in embarrassment.

"It will be sooner than you think, I know how you must feel. I've been in your shoes before, its scary, everyone admires you just for being the queen, you say jump they scream how high. The first few years I swore I would shoot myself." She laughed.

"What does being queen entitle? What would I do?" I asked her, by this point we had somehow traveled further into the garden and by a small waterfall that I had never noticed before.

The tiara was still in her hand, placed between her fingers." Well first you are pretty much the backbone of everything. The king might make the decisions but people will look to you to see if he made the right call. We keep balance in the kingdom basically, me make sure our men don't get power hungry and that things run smoothly and fairly. Also we produce the next offspring." I took a time to take everything in and in that time she had took the opportunity to place the tiara on my head yet again.

"Angel look how beautiful you'll look." She pointed to the river and I gasped as I saw my reflection. My hair was down, flowing beautifully over my shoulders and the tiara sat with pride on the top of head.

I couldn't help but touch the reflection of myself making the water ripple sending my reflection away.

I stood up and placed my hand on my head feeling the tiara. For the first time I felt like an actual queen.

Eventually on our walk I had given her crown back much to my demise because I was starting to love it. But we talked about a lot of things, mostly our interest and of course we shared one gardening.

I had never learned hoe to garden but she had known everything there was to garden, she told me that she had a helping hand in building this garden, before she came along it was just empty land and she told the King, then he ordered that they turn it into a garden, but she insisted that she'd help of course.

So she was able to name every flower we passed even some of the wildlife we encountered."That's the Plumeria, I love those! They are great because they don't need to be watered much. Those are begonias, I'm not much of a fan but Sapphire loved them growing up. And those are- oh! What is that growing there?" She asked because in the middle of roses as was weird looking flower.

We got closer to examine it. and I automatically knew what is was because, I've seen it before.

"I can't remember the name but I've seen this flower before. It symbolizes death."

She looked at me with a weird expression."Angel I think it's time to head inside, I smell a storm coming." With nothing else said we walked into the building and parted ways.