Chapter 2; Scars and Beauty

Start from the beginning

The wind started to pick up as I stood in position. Waiting for the go, I studied Benjamin’s body. I could see the muscles along his arms, and sweat was already falling off his face. His brown eyes looked mysterious and confused. Confused as if he was wondering ‘What in the world am I doing?’

“The rules are, best out of three, try not to hit each other, and no stabbing. Are you ready, lads?” Scarlet said standing between us.

We both nodded in agreement and continued to stare into each other eyes. In a blink of an eye, Benjamin’s sword crashed against mines. Off guard, I stepped back to regain my balance. Getting back at him, I jab my sword to his stomach. Luckily he jumped out of its reach. Planting my feet hard on the floor, I was ready for his next hit. Running towards to me, Benjamin slammed his sword against mines and pushed me all the way to the barrels. With a thud, I hit the barrels and groaned. Not able to break away from his pressure, I thought fast and stepped on his foot. Gasping out of pain, Benjamin grid his teeth and moved backwards. Reaching in my back pocket, I pulled out a dagger and pretended to cut his throat.

‘Rosemary 1 and Benjamin 0!’ I smiled to myself as Scarlet announced to everyone else.

Seconds, minutes, and hours passed as we fought. You heard a gasp once and awhile, other than that everyone was silent. Benjamin and I were both sweating but didn’t care. Our feet hurt, but we continued attacking each other. I’m in the lead by one point. Benjamin got me by pushing me onto the floor and pretending to stab my heart. The whole world felt like it stopped while we fought each other. Every step, and every hit fell together like harmony. We moved together swiftly, and quietly but deadly. His brown eyes felt like spears going through my green eyes.

My heart was beating against my chest as he pinned me up against the ship’s railings. Sweat was running down his face, like tears. Copying my move from earlier, he pulled out his dagger and pretends to cut my throat. Leaning in close to my face, he whispers ‘Dead…

“Alrighty lads! That’s good enough, you both prove to me you are able to fight.” Captain Ashton said while clapping.

Whipping his head to the captain, Benjamin said “No, not just yet. We are tied, plus she needs to prove to me that she’s a pirate.”

“Fine, fine. If you wish. Continue on you both” Captain Ashton said in agreement.

Back in the fighting ring, we plant our feet to the ground and look into each other’s eyes. I felt heat run through my body as I stared. His eyes now looked like death, murder, yet still kindness. Running my sweaty hands against my clothes, I grabbed hold of my sword once more. Looking around my surrounding, I saw there were fewer people. Must have gone back to work after watching us fight and fight.

The sun was setting as Scarlet told us ‘Last round, winner of this round wins all. The loser is receiving a dagger scar on the arm from the winner. Captain’s orders.’

-End of Flashback-

“Rosie, did you hear me?” Benjamin said looking at me.

“Huh, what? Yeah, no?” I said coming back to reality.

"Rose, I said we were finished cleaning the kitchen. What were you day dreaming 'bout? Was it 'bout me? I bet it was." he said, sticking his nose in the air

“Yes I was day dreaming about you, Benjamin. My long lost love.” I said with a bucket filled with sarcasm.

“Ha, I knew it, you secretly love me.” He said grinning to ear to ear.

“Don’t flatter yourself, Benjamin. You’d never get a girl like me.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Well good, I don’t want you anyways. My girl would have to be a beauty and that’s something you’ll never be!” he said with an angry spat.

To my surprise that actually hurt, deep down inside me. Bruised and furious, I stood up and stormed out of the kitchen. I could feel the waves start to pick up under my feet.Calm, Rose, calm down. He is just a big jerk and you don’t care what he thinks. What the heck am I saying, of course I care. I have feelings and he just slaughtered them. Okay, maybe I was going overboard but he did hurt them.

Out on the deck now, I could see the sky changing from blue to black. Dark rolling thunders came from the West, as I moved to the end of the ship. Looking over the edge, I didn’t see any more fish or dolphins.They must have went into hiding because of what was about to happen. Deep down, inside of me I was hurting. I wanted to go home and find my mom waiting there for me. I knew that would never happen since well, she’s gone forever.

“What’s wrong, Rosemary?” a calm, welcoming voice came from behind.

“Nothing, I’m just thinking.” I answer with a little white lie.

“Rosemary, I know you’re lying. I can tell because of the change of weather all of a sudden” he said walking to my side.

“It’s nothing Captain. I’ll be fine. I just needed some air from being- Wait how did you know?” I said a little scared and surprised. Did Captain Ashton really know my little secret?

“What did he say this time?” he said completely ignoring my question.

Sighing I reply, “That I’m not beautiful and I’ll never be.”

~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Wow, the Flashback took up the entire chapter! XD

 I hope I didn't fail you guys with this chappie :x

Did you guys enjoyed the fighting scene?! I tried my hardest trying to explain it the best I could. Hopefully it makes sense and you guys aren’t like “Huh?” u_u!

Which one do you guys like better, Tommy or Benjamin?!

I kind of like Benjamin just cause he is Paul Telfer (my lover) :D but Tommy is Orlando Bloom. (hawt,hawt). Hard pick lol XD.

Yes, I am using Pirate of the Caribbean characters just cause I really don’t know any other ones that could be good for pirates. Aren’t I a beast? *cough, cough*

Hahaha, I even googled pirate words! So, if there is any weird words during the stories, it probably because they are pirate words. XD

Sorry if there's any spelling and word mistakes.  I'm human .... :p

Comment, Vote, and Become a fan!

Thanks so much. <333

To you, From Tay n_n