Chapter 51: "What Would A Dauntless Do?"

(A/N: please read the author's notes at the end of the chapter please. it's about Tris' fears cause I really know that it will be a problem in this chapter. thanks!

Okay so... here's the chapter.)

.

Tris POV

After dinner, Me and Tobias head to the chasm. It's almost 10:00 so we waited for Lyssa. Why is it that we have things in common? like, my divergence, transfer from Abnegation, First jumper.

After a few minutes, I see Lyssa walking towards the chasm with a pale face. Even paler than earlier.

"Am I in trouble?" she said, maybe wondering why of all place, we meet here in the chasm.

"No you're not." Tobias said.

"And we're not gonna push you off the chasm or kill you, if that's what you're thinking." I say and she let out a breath.

"Why here?" She asked.

"The sound of the waves are pretty loud here so... the cameras couldn't record a thing." Tobias said and she nods.

"Lyssa. I need you to listen to me. Me and Four are going to help you hide your Divergence. You have to manipulate the serum so that nobody will know." I say.

"I'm sure that if anyone hears about this, you will be tracked and killed by the Dauntless Leaders. That is why we are helping you. We are going to teach you how to manipulate the serum, so that in the final tests, they won't find out."

"How do you know so much about this? About Divergence? Are you..." she said.

I look at Tobias and he gives me a nod.

"Yes. I am." I say and she looks at me with wide eyes.

"How many is the least number of fears here at Dauntless?" she asks. I look at Tobias and see him smirking.

"Well, for the record, so far... Four" i say. Lyssa's gaze turn to Tobias.

"And the second lowest number of fears is..."

"Six." Tobias answered. By now, Lyssa has her jaw dropped to the floor.

"Come on. We have to go to the fear landscape room." I say and she nods vigorously.

We walk silently down the lone hallways, our footsteps echoing through the tunnels.

Tobias opened the door for us.

"We are going together." I say to Lyssa.

"In my fear landscape?" she asks.

"No. In mine." (A/N: 😄)

She nods curiously, probably have too many questions running inside her head, but decided to keep her mouth shut.

"I have to hack the security camera in here and delete the footage before someone finds out so it might take a few minutes." Tobias said.

"Yeah, sure." I mumble quietly while the computers continue to beep.

.
.
.

"Done." Tobias said after 5 minutes.

He hands me a syringe that contains a brownish, orange fluid.

I plunge the needle into Lyssa's neck and inject her half of the serum. I inject the other half in my neck, ignoring the sting that I feel.

I sneak a look at Tobias and he gives me a small smile.

"I know you two can do it. Be brave." he said and with that, darkness pulls me in.