36

" I just need to grab some more clothes. We won't be here long." Taemin then laughed a little. "I should be the one with PTSD being here you know?" He said as he turned back to unlock his apartment door.

"Sorry."

"Don't be. It's alright. Cairo asked me to stop by his office before we go. Wanna come with me?" He replied, stepping inside and shutting the door after me.

"Yea, sure. Do you know what he wants? He better not be asking when you're coming back."

"I'm not sure."

I then walked to his room and went into his closet where he keeps his bags and pulled some out before taking out some clothes. Jeans, sweats, shirts, sweaters: basically anything he needed for another two weeks.

"Wanna grab food before we get Tyla or after?" I asked as I packed his bag.

"We can go eat toge-" he was cut off by a knock at his front door. I kept packing his bag and he went to go see who it was. A few moments later, I heard a familiar voice.

"Taemin! How are you? I heard what happened to you and came to check up on you last week." I stopped what I was doing and stood at the side of the door frame. I know I shouldn't be ear hustling, but I wanna hear.

"Thank you. I'm doing great now." There was then an awkward silence. She was looking at him as if she wanted to say something.

"I just wanted to check up on you. I have to get to training now." I watched as he opened the door for here and she stepped out. Before he could turn back around, I quickly went back to packing his bag.

"Sorry, that was Dina." He said as he walked back into the room.

"Just "checking up on you"?" I said.

" We talked about this." He said. He's right. I need to pull myself together.

"We did. Sorry." I said as I watched him sit in the bed and pull me into his lap.

"I'm not going to repeat what was said during that conversation because I meant every word. But what you cannot keep getting upset. It's unhealthy. What more can I do to stop this dead in its tracks?" I've never seen Taemin irritated or annoyed but u think he actually is now.  I don't want him to be.

"Nothing. You have reassured me." I was sitting there, looking at Taemin, thinking about why I was actling like such a brat. Until I felt some cramps at the bottom of my stomach. Dammit!

I quickly got up and headed over to Taemin's bathroom to check.

"What's wrong?" He asked as I closed the door. It's not supposed to come for another week. My cycle must be changing. I then sighed. I doubt he keeps feminine products.

"Taemin, I'm... on my cycle." I said loud enough for him to hear.

"Ok. I'll be right back." I hope there's a store close cause I'm not trying to be sitting here forever. I then heard the front door open and close and five minutes later, it opened and closed again. Seconds later, two sanitary pads were being slid under the door. I quickly finished up before washing my hands and heading out the bathroom.

"Thank you. Where did you get them."

"Dina was nice enough to give them to me." He said as he handed me a pain relief bottle and a glass of water.

"Oh. Thanks." I then popped two of the pills before washing them down.

"Do you want me to drop you off home so you can lay down?"

"No. I'll be fine."

"You sure baby?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Let's go meet with Cairo so we can go get our baby."

~

"Taemin, glad to see you in better shape. Hey love bug." Cairo said to us.

"Thank you, sir."

"Hey"

"I'm glad you are both here actually. Taemin, I think it's best you take some time off. I really think you deserve it and you need some time. You denied the therapy so this is the next best step."

Denied therapy?

" No I don't need any time off. As soon as I'm all healed, I can come-"

"No, Taemin. You'll still get all your benefits and still get paid. But you really need some time. I'm sure Na'lia and baby Tyla will keep you company. There's still an investigation going on and who knows how long it will take."

I was sitting in my seat, trying so hard not to show how happy I was. When Taemin looked back at me, I just looked somewhere else. He knew I was happy and I knew he didn't like what Cairo had to say

"...Ok. How long is this break?"

"A year."

This is too good to be true. I bit the bottom of my lip to hold back my smile when Taemin turned his head to look back at me again. I actually wanted to laugh but I didn't want to add salt to the burn.

"Ok. My apartment?"

"Still yours. Go home and enjoy your time off. When you come back, work is going to be harder." With that, we said bye to Cairo and took our leave.

"I know how much work means to you. I'm sorry you have to take a break." I said trying to lighten the mood.

" I'm actually glad. I saw you trying not to show how happy you were. I know this is what you wanted. So we are going to make the best of this year we get to spend together. As a family. We could even go visit my family again. They miss us."