20

"She said Appa!!!" Taemin said happily, eyes shining bright, as we all sat at the table. "Oh my goodness." Momma said, smiling. "My grand baby said her first word. Too bad I wasn't there to hear it."

"I was surprised but I also kind of saw it coming. She was closer to saying Appa than she was saying mommy or momma. She really loves Taemin." "That's cause Taemin spoils that baby rotten." "Oh come on I do not spoil Tyla" "Yes you do." Me and Momma said in unison.

Everyone laughed. Wow. This is my first Christmas with a big family's Tyla, Taemin, momma, me, and Cairo. Yea... and I like it.

"You guys have anything else planned today?" Momma asked, as she placed the cooked salmon on the dinner table.

"No. Not in particular." I responded, siting the pitcher on the table.

"Why not? It's you guys first Christmas together." Momma said and she finished setting the food on the table.

"We just planned on coming to see you guys. I wish we could have gone to take Tyla to see Taemins parents and meet his brother."

"We can go if you would like. I'm sure my family would like to see you guys. Or I can have them come over here for a while. I can't rent a home for them to stay for a while."

"Yea that sounds nice and maybe we could meet them too Taemin." Cairo said as he handed Tyla over to me.

"Hey baby." I said, kissing her cheek.

"Wow. That sounds like it'll be interesting. I'd your family good with English Taemin?" "Yea. They are." "Ok great. Maybe We can all go out for dinner or cook out." "Ouuu momma can we please cookout. I could go for some grilled barbecue and some seafood salad or pasta salad." "Oh yea. It's been a while since I've cooked on the grill. It may be time for a new one."

Wow this is gonna be so fun. Once it warms up, we can cookout and have everyone over. I just hope all goes well.

"Alright, let's pray. Everyone join hands." Momma said as she sat down across from me. With Tyla in one arm, I grabbed Taemin hand with my other and bowed my head.

We all waited as momma said the prayers. My eyes had been closed and I thought everyone else was too, aside from Tyla but guess what-

"Appa!!!" Tyla shouted, soon followed by Taemin giggling and a "shh" causing momma to stop her prayers and everyone look in Taemin and I'd direction. "Come on you guys." I said laughing a bit.

"Amen." Momma said laughing followed but everyone else saying "Amen"

Taemin then reached out for Tyla and she reached out for him as well. Taking this opportunity, I began to fix Taemin's plate and then mines, making sure to add a bit more for Tyla.

"Thanks baby." Taemin said once I sat his plate down. When I sat back in my chair, I slid over closer to Taemin so I can feed Tyla.

""Ah baby." I said to Tyla to get her to eat.

"Mmm" she said after her first bite. "Yes. My grand baby loves that food. I need to start cooking for her more."

"Baby eat your food. I can feed her." Taemin said to me, smiling politely. "Thank you." I said before he leaned in to place a sweet kiss on my lips.

"Tyla will be one in a few months. Have you guys decided what you will do?" "No. We still have until the beginning of April to get that figured out."

"Right. Ok." "Taemin, when will you guys be going back on base?" "Actually we'll be back January 2nd." "Ok. That gives you a lot of time with Lia and the baby."

The rest of our evening had been filled with conversation and happiness. I enjoyed my night and I'm sure Taemin and Tyla did too.