13

"Name? The guy at the gate asked after asking if I had been a visitor.

"Na'lia Marcelin and Marceline Marcelin"

"Your IDs please." I then handed him my driver's License and my mom's ID. I watched as he entered it in on the device he held in his hand. After doing so, he handed me three visitor's badges.

"You can park right past this gate and someone will come out to escort you." He said before opening the gate.

Following his directions, I park my car. I then got out and got Tyla, placing her on my hip.

As we waited, a man approached us.

I kind of recognized him. As he had been walking towards us, He reached for his wallow talkie and began to speak into it.

I then looked over at my mom who had been taking her time getting out of the car.

"Momma. Come on."

The man then stopped in front of us.

"Hello. I am chief Russle. You are here for Taemin?"

"Yes. I'm Na'lia and this is Tyla. That's my mother, Marcelinho, getting out of the car."

"Welcome. I already radiod for Teamin, he should be here any second."

"Oh mah god, it's so hot out here." I heard momma say, finally getting out of the car.

The chief and I then focused on momma.

"When she looked at us, her face immediately dropped."

"Oh hell no." She said.

"Marceline!?" I heard the chief say behind me.

"Okay... I'm missing something."

Momma looked as if she died inside but quickly gathered herself.

"Hey baby." I heard Taemin said as he placed a hand along my back.

However, I was still confused.

"Hey Taemin."

"Hello Marceline. Chief this is..." Taemin began but I could tell he then sensed the tension.

"What's going on?" He asked.

Momma then walked over to us.

"Cairo and I already know each other."

"CAIRO?!" I shouted.

Cairo?! That's supposedly my dad's name.

"Yea. It's been almost 21 years now Marceline."

Hearing that, I looked over at Momma.

"Momma... is that..." I began, knowing she knew what I was gonna ask.

"Yes." She said shamelessly.

"What?" The chief asked.

"Baby, let's go walk around." Taemin said, trying to distract me. "Honestly, you guys should talk about this in private." He said to Momma and the chief.

"Yea." My mom agreed. She hated nothing more but everyone knowing her buisness. I, on the other hand, wanted all this to be aired out right here right now.

"Let's go back to my office."

We then followed him through the base. I watched as Tyla looked around, looking at the planes and smiling at them.

"Can I hold her?" Taemin asked walking alongside me.

"Oh of course. Sorry. My mind is just clouded." I said handing Tyla over to him.

"I understand. I'm so glad you are here. I miss you so much." He said pulling me closer to him. "Look at how big Tyla has gotten. I miss you too baby." He said kissing Tyla's cheek as she gazed at the field.

We soon made it to a building and entered. As we were on the elevator, it had been dead silent. Nothing but Tyla making weird noises at Taemin. I could tell she was happy to see him.

When we got to the designated floor, we were lead down a hall to an office. Once inside, the door was shut behind us.

"Alright. So?"

"Well... I don't know how to say this but. When you last saw me, I got pregnant. I didn't tell you because... you were a boy. You were only worried about sleeping around and I just knew I couldn't be with you. I know we were only 16 and 18 then... but I just couldn't do it. I knew that if I told you, you wouldn't be there for me."

I watched. To be honest, even though I have a place in all this, I don't know if I should say something or just shut up and let the adults handle this one.

"Cairo, Na'lia is your daughter." She said so bluntly. Momma is a savage.

He then looked at me and back at momma, sighing.

"Maybe we should give them some space-" I began, looking at Taemin whose face was flustered.

"No. Na'lia... I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"I know." I mean, what was I supposed to say?

"Well now that that's out there, Tyla's our grandbaby. You know Taemin."

"It's so awkward in here." I whispered to Taemin.

"Let's go." He whispered back.

We both got up and left the office, heading back outside. As we walked along the pathway, Tyla gazed back out to the field, watching the jets and planes move along the strip.

"That's so crazy? Like if reminds me of us." Taemin said.

"Yea."

"The chief and I... he is like a big brother to me.  I wonder how he feels knowing it's his daughter who I-"

"Don't look at it like that. He should even feel like that."

"Who knows. The same day I found out about Tyla, I told him. He was the first person I told."

"What did he say."

"After questioning your age, he suggested that we talk over dinner "

"Oh."

Soon we sat down at a bench.

I couldn't help but think of my mom. With a bold face and attitude, she confronted the chief. How? When I was confronted, I cried. I know it had to have been hard. After so many years. And I truly felt bad for the chief. He found out he has a grown daughter and a granddaughter. Wow.

"Oh, I bought you some of the cake we made." I said remembering it had been in Tyla's bag.

"Great. Thanks, baby. Hold on to it for me."

As I had been holding Tyla, I felt her face a bit. It had been cold.

"Taemin, can we go somewhere warm?"

"Yea. We can go back to my place It's at the commons."

~

"These are some nice houses." I said, admiring the strip of town and single houses we passed by.

"Yea. If you decide to move here with me, this is where we would be staying." Taemin said, stopping in front of an apartment building.

We then entered the building, getting on the elevator.

Once inside Taemin's apartment, he took Tyla's coat off of her and sat it on a chair. Me doing the same then sat down.

"These are nice apartments." I complimented.

"Yea. They really take care of us." He said sitting next to me. "I'm so glad you guys came. I wanted to come back so bad. I missed being with you so much." He said holding my cold hand.

"We missed you too Taemin." I said smiling at him. " I really miss having you around. It's gotten kinda lonely not having you around as much."

"I know. Can I kiss you?" He asked.

"Of course."