6

"Of course! Baby, don't worry about me. Worry about that baby. You have a good man who is there for you. He wants to be closer to you and Tyla. God is sending you a gift and you are denying it. Besides, it's not like you are moving with him right away. Focus on finishing school. By then, you guys will be ready. These next 3 years will be more than enough time for you guys to get to know each other and get used to each other. Don't rush it though."

"Ok. Well, he should be here soon."

Momma then handed Tyla over to me.

"Tyla is so gorgeous. She gets all that cuteness from us." She said laughing.

"Hello." A voice said walking up to the table.

"Hey Taemin." I said, making my mom turn her head in his direction. "Momma, this is Taemin."

"Oh. Handsome." She said, standing up and shaking his hand.

"Thank you. I see where your daughter gets her looks. Nice to meet you."

"Likewise Taemin."

Taemin then kissed the temple of my head and sat next to me.

"We were just talking about you and moving together." I said, a little surprised at the sweet kiss he placed on my head.

"I agree. I think it's best for you all. My baby has a big heart and worries about me, but there is nothing to be worried about. She makes it seem like I'm old. 36 is no where near old."

"36!"

"Yes. I had Na'Lia when I was only 16. With a man who was worried about all of the wrong things. How old are you Taemin?"

"26 miss."

"O-ok. Well, we all make mistakes and it's important that we learn from them to make things right. I'm not here to judge. I got over being upset. I'm more excited that Lia had it better then I had it. When I was pregnant, I didn't tell anyone but my mom. Her dad didn't know about her and till this day, he still doesn't. My mother left me on my own. She told me to lay in that bed that I made, do it alone because she wouldn't be able to help me. I haven't spoken to her since then."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It made me who I am today and I wouldn't have it any other way. Have you told your family yet?"

"No ma'am. My family isn't here in the states. And they aren't good with phones. I will be going on break soon and I planned on asking Lia to come along with Tyla to meet them."

"To South Korea?!"

I said, capturing both of their attention.

"I don't know. I mean... I just don't think I'll let my babies travel all the way to South Korea." My mom said, a look of unease on her face.

"She will be with me all the time there. Both her and Tyla. I wouldn't let anything happen to them." What my mother said clearly upset Taemin, but he held his composure.

My mother had this look on her face. As if she was being defied. But it softened.

"I don't mind going. As long as I'm safe and not by myself. I don't mind. Taemin won't let us get hurt." I said, easing momma's nerves.

"Alright. I'm trusting you."

"Thank you."

"So... a Sergeant in the Air Force?"

"Yes ma'am. Nearly 7 years of service."

"Marceline."

"I'm sorry, Marceline."

"No worries.