14

"You're visiting for Christmas?" I asked Taemin over the phone.

"Yea."

"Ok. You can stay with us instead of having to drive back and forth between your apartment on base and here."

"You want me to stay with you?"

"Yes. I want you to stay here with us. We'll be together as a family for the holidays and open presents and all that."

He then chuckled.

"Of course baby."

"Have you talked to your dad?"

"No. Honestly, I don't even know where to start with him and apparently he doesn't know either. I was fine without a dad and I don't want to force a relationship with him. If it's meant to be then, it'll happen on its own. But my mom, she's been talking to him."

"Right. Well that's good for her I guess. Have you thought about letting him spend time with Tyla? He asks me about her all the time since you guys were last here."

"I didn't know he wanted to. Well he is welcome to come by and see her if he would like."

"Yea. I have to go ahead and get back to work. FaceTime me before you guys go to bed. I wanna see my baby Tyla."

"Ok. Love you Taemin."

"Love you too."

He then hung up.

~

"Momma." I kept repeating for Tyla to say, only to have her smile and laugh at me.

"Come on. I know you have it in you. Momma?"

The doorbell then rung.

Picking Tyla up from her seat, I look out the peephole and saw Taemin. Excited, I opened the door for him.

"My babies" he said hugging me. And giving each of us a kiss.

"Appa misses his baby girl."

"Ah?" Tyla shouted.

Surprised, I look at her.

Oh no she did not just try to say appa before she said Momma.

Taemin, wide-eyed, then spoke. "Was that an 'appa' you just tried to say!?"

"Aahh" she then said again, but a bit more louder.

"No no no no no. She has been practicing saying momma. I think she was trying to say Momma. Right Tyla?"

She then went quiet, smiling at me.

"Someone is jealous." Taemin said, grabbing Tyla from me and giving her another kiss on her cheek.

I was jealous. Very jealous.

"That's not fair." I said, pouting.

Taemin then kissed my lips after chuckling.

"Baby I miss you. Don't be sad."

"Miss you too. I thought you were coming Friday?"

"They released us early."

"That's good. Now we can spend more time with each other. I was gonna make dinner tonight. Steak, mashed potatoes, asparagus."

"Sounds good."

" I'll take your bag to my room." I said rolling it down the hall and placing it inside the closet.

I then walked back to the kitchen and began dinner. As I had been cooking, Taemin came up behind me, placing his head on my shoulder, watching me cook.