Part 28

A yawn escaped Tarini's lips, followed shortly by Daksh's. Both of them yearned for the comfort of their inviting bed, unable to shake off the overwhelming desire to snooze. Vara had roused them at 6 am sharp, a far cry from their usual sleep-in time until breakfast. Today, they were the first ones to arrive for the puja, after Dadisa, Girish, and Narmada, who were already present. The three elders were taken aback by the unusual sight of Tarini and Daksh up so early.

Narmada was efficiently guiding the servants who were bustling about with various tasks such as adorning the house with flowers, thoroughly cleaning the puja room. Dadisa was busy making prashad with the additional hired help. After all, today's Prashad had to be nothing short of perfect.

"Mein kuch madad Karu?" Vara kept asking Narmada, eager to help with something.
(Can I help?)

"Nahi Beta aap Daksh aur Tarini ke sath baith..." Narmada trailed off as she spotted the duo dozing off on the sofa.
(No, dear, you can sit with Daksh and Tarini...)

"Daksh!" Girish's sharp tone jolted Daksh and Tarini awake. "Get up, we have a puja to attend today!"

Just then, Savitri Devi, who had returned from checking on the prashad, called out to Vara, "You wanted to help, right? Here, you can make phool malas for our bhagwan idols." She gestured towards the 7-8 baskets of flowers and leaves. "Narmada usually takes care of this task, but since she's busy, you can take over. It's a great opportunity to contribute to the puja preparations."

"Maasa aap bhi na!" Narmada exclaimed "usko kaise pata hoga ye kaise karte hai. Hum thori der mein kar denge" Narmada assured Savitri Devi, intervening on Vara's behalf.
(Mother, you are too much!).( How will she know how to do it? I'll take care of it later)

"I will do it!" Vara announced, her declaration taking Dadisa and Narmada by surprise. Although their household was accustomed to relying on servants for all tasks, a long-standing family tradition dictated that certain duties, like preparing prashad and crafting flower garlands for the gods idols, were to be carried out by family members on special occasions like this. Savitri Devi had only suggested it to tease Vara, not expecting her to readily agree to take on the task.

*****

Indrajeet strode in, his broad shoulders and chiseled physique commanding attention

Indrajeet strode in, his broad shoulders and chiseled physique commanding attention. His blue and white striped kurta clung to his muscular frame, accentuating his powerful build and imposing presence. A rudraksha chain glimmered around his neck, drawing the eye to his chiseled features and intense eyes. His dark hair was perfectly messy, framing his strong jawline, full lips, and rugged facial structure. A rugged stubble, flecked with hints of scruff and bristle, covered his chin and jaw, adding a touch of raw masculinity, virility, and unbridled energy to his already captivating presence. He exuded a confident aura, his very presence seeming to fill the room with a sense of strength, unyielding intensity.