Part 26

Indrajeet was perplexed. 'Where is she?' he wondered. 'Why isn't she sleeping in her room?' With Bajrang at his heel, he rushed out of her room. 'She must be in Tarini's room,' he thought sourly.

A servant informed him that Tarini and her sister were on the common balcony.

Indrajeet was relieved to find Vara. Both the girls were sleeping, with empty coffee mugs placed before them.

"Call Daksh," Indrajeet ordered Bajrang.

For nine days now, Vara has been staying here. Apart from the initial two days, Indrajeet hardly had any time to spend with her. He was occupied with the acquisition of an overseas company. So, what he did was, after everyone was asleep, he made sure to visit her and admire her while she slept. Only Bajrang and the nurse knew that Indrajeet spent a night in Vara's room, and both were wise enough to keep quiet. Today was Sister Nilophar's last day. With Vara's recovery progressing well, constant supervision was no longer necessary.

"Hi Dada..." Daksh stopped talking at Indra's gesture, where he placed a finger on his lips, gesturing towards the sleeping girls with his eyes.

"Oh... I will wake them up," Daksh said in a low voice, but Indra shook his head and beckoned him into the corner.

"Chupchap apni wali ko leke ja bas," Indrajeet directed Daksh quietly.

(Quietly just take away your girl)

Daksh's eyes widened at the instruction, but he immediately asked Indra teasingly, "Oho... Apni wali toh kya, Vara apki wali hai yeh confirm hai?"

(Oho, my girl, so it is confirmed then that Vara is your girl)

Indrajeet folded his hands and raised his brows, his face serious.

"Okay, okay, I am taking Tarini away," Daksh raised his hands in surrender. "You have got no chill. I just got such huge news, and I can't tease you, neither can I tease my sister-in-law because my wife forbade me."

Just as he started moving, Indrajeet kept his hand on Daksh's shoulder and asked, "Tell me one thing, who is Pushkar?"

"Pushkar? Who is Pushkar?" Daksh asked back, confused.

"Someone who proposed to Vara..." Indra's lips were tightly pursed.

"Oh... yes, that Pushkar... He is such a tool, Dada. Apparently, he was Vara's team leader in her previous office. He proposed to her, and at Vara's rejection, he got so offended that he started to tyrannize her. He is the main culprit who gave her a bad review..." Daksh told Indrajeet with disapproval marring his features. "Tarini hates him and..." Daksh stopped suddenly and then asked cheekily, "why? Are you planning to do something?"

"None of your business. Just take your wife back to your room," Indra's face was impassive.

Muttering inaudibly at not getting information in return, Daksh picked up Tarini. Luckily, both were sleeping on different sofas.

Tarini stirred and slightly opened her eyes. "Daksh?" she asked sleepily. "Wait, Varu..."

"Shh..." Daksh said quickly. He had taken a few steps away so as not to disturb Vara's sleep. "It's okay. I woke her up. She is going back to her room..."

"Good... good..." Tarini patted his chest and went back to sleep.

Daksh reached the threshold of the balcony where Indra and Bajrang were waiting. Bajrang held a blanket, pillows, and two remote controls in his hands.