Part 24

"Everyone left the room except Indrajeet. Raina closed the door on her way out, causing Vara's heartbeat to quicken once again.

"How are you feeling now? Aur sach batana," Indrajeet asked her, seeking honesty.

(And be honest)

"Thik hu. Aap please darwaza open rakhiye," Vara replied, looking at the closed door, requesting him to keep the door open.

(I am okay. Please open the door.)

"Dard kaha ho raha hai, Vara? Aur darwaza tab tak nahi khulega jab tak aap humare savalon ka jawab nahi deti," Indrajeet relaxed on the seat which was previously occupied by Raina.

(Tell me where is the pain, Vara? And the door will not open till you answer my questions)

"Tensed, she looked at him."

"Calm down. Hum aapko kha nahi jayenge," he said reassuringly, followed by an inaudible whisper, "at least not yet." Then he asked again, "Kaha dard ho raha hai?"

(Calm down. I am not going to eat you.) (At least not yet.) (Where is the pain?)

"Painkiller lene ke baad nahi hota dard," Vara replied instead. At his pointed look, she reiterated, "Left hand or leg. Ab aap darwaza kholiye please," pleadingly.

(It doesn't hurt after I take the painkillers.) (Left hand and left leg. Now please open the door.)

Indrajeet nodded before continuing, "Aap ne hospital mein jane ke baare mein toh kuch kaha hi nahi? Phone cut gaya shayad," Indrajeet asked teasingly. "Aap bataye ga hum kabhi bhi available hai aap ke liye?"

(You didn't say anything further about your visit to the hospital. I think the phone got disconnected.) (You tell me. I am always available for you.)

At that, Vara turned red. "Koi jarurat nahi. Tarini Tai mujhe daily video call pe Shikha di dikha degi aur phir do din baad mein ja sakti hu yaha se."

(No need. Tarini will help me see Shikha di on a daily video call, and then I can leave this place after two days.)

Indrajeet turned serious. "Vara, jab tak hum na kahe, aap iss ghar se kahi nahi ja rahi. Sourav Banarjee abhi tak pakda nahi gaya hai. Toh khatra abhi tala nahi hai..."

(Vara, you are not leaving this home without my permission. Sourav Banarjee is still out there. The danger is not over yet.)

"Pr..pr...m..mera office hai...mein jyada d..din ghar pe nahi reh sakti," Vara replied, astonished to hear his thoughts.

(B...bu...but...I have an office. I can't stay at home for long.)

"Vo hum badme dekh lenge," Indrajeet's reply was vague.

(We will think about it later.)

Vara was lost in deep thoughts. She had vowed never to set foot in Chauhan Bhawan again. Yet, here she was. Despite feeling powerless, she had resolved to leave within the next 2-3 days. Now, however, her certainty wavered. Uncle Girish had informed her that tonight he would call her father and disclose everything. They hadn't informed her parents yet because they were traveling. Now, her hope rested with her father. If he instructed her not to stay here, which he likely would, then Indrajeet Chauhan couldn't stop her...

"Khana khake aram kijiye aur humein maaf karne ke baare mein bhi sochiye," Indrajeet lightly grazed her cheek with his index finger, breaking her reverie. Startled, she stared at his retreating figure in shock...