Part 4

'How dare she...the bitch has the audacity to gatecrash his family function?' She wasn't invited. What they didn't anticipate was that she would tag along with one of the business associates; the man was almost 70 years old.

With utmost patience, he managed to stay at the party for a few minutes, not wishing to give her the satisfaction that she affected him in any way.

Nikita, his ex-wife... their marriage lasted only for 4 months but gave him scars of a lifetime that he started loathing women.

When she started approaching, he knew the end result of this meeting would be a night spent drinking and destroying something. Shaking his head, he signaled his family members to stay put.

"Hi, Indrajeet..." She tried to kiss his cheek, but he moved back.

"Please keep your hands to yourself. I don't like to touch filth," he replied with disgust."

"Hmm...I don't remember you saying this when we used to fuck" she gave sultry smile

"I think he asked you to stay away." Raina held her hand and jerked her back.

"Raina, be careful... people are watching," Dhruv whispered in her ear.

"So you still have them as bodyguards?" She snorted, looking at Raina and Dhruv.

"Though I don't understand why you need them baby...ummm" she moaned a little. "You are like wine. The more you age. The more handsome you look"

Indra felt disgusted as Dhruv replied, "Well, he needs bodyguards to keep others safe. You never know if he snaps... what may happen to you."

"What is he implying baby? You will kill with these hands? The same hands that held me when we fucked" Nikita gave an evil smirk.

"Dhruv, Raina, leave. Manage the guests. They are getting restless," Indra ordered.

A look at his face, both left without any protest.

"Why are you here?" He asked in a controlled tone.

"Why? I have been trying to get in touch with you. You have been avoiding me," she made a fake sad face.

"Why?" He persisted.

"Can't we forget and move forward? Start fresh... remember how you used to love our time together?" She winked.

"You mean to say the money, you pawned off from me during the divorce settlement is over. You have fucked around so much that men are not interested anymore. At least men with money...hence you want to get back to my life right?" he gave her a dark look

"Do you see the guards around you? One nod from me and they will make sure that you end up in the worst situation. But then that would deprive me of the pleasure of watching your downfall...so if you want to survive for a few more days in the lap of luxury then go back and hump on that oldie's dick like you meant business..."

By the end of his speech, the colour had drained from her face. "You will regret this..." with that she composed herself and went to congratulate the couple.

Dhruv and Raina reached him as soon as she left.

"I need to leave. I can't handle this shit anymore" his anger was going out of control. He wanted to hurt her,kill her, or throw something to calm his anger.

"If you leave right now, she will take it as her win" Raina began

"I don't care..." he gritted out

He was at the foot of the stairs, ready to go back to his room, when he heard the most melodious voice. Halting in his steps, he turned around and saw the girl who had grabbed his attention from the moment she bumped into him, singing a beautiful song. Involuntarily, his feet moved towards the stage.