Part 14

Food plates were placed before them, with vegetarian options for Vara and non-vegetarian for Indrajeet.

"I can't eat all of this," Vara exclaimed in shock, staring at the 'Bahubali Thali.'

"Eat what you can. I'll handle the rest," Indra nudged her towards the plate.

They hadn't had a proper meal in three days, and by the time they reached home, it would be past dinner time.

'Will he eat from both our plates?' She looked at him dubiously.

She began eating with her hands, while Indrajeet, who was using a spoon, looked pleasantly surprised. He set his spoon down and joined her in eating with his hands.

Her eyes widened after her first bite of sabji and roti. She could feel her ears growing hot and tears welling up in her eyes. The food was incredibly spicy. "Ahh...W... water, please," she managed to say in between gasps. In her haste to grab the bottle, the fingers of her left hand got coated in curd.

Indrajeet hurriedly opened the bottle and held it before her. Confused, he thought, 'The food isn't that spicy.'

With both her hands coated in food and the glasses appearing unclean, she opened her mouth, expecting him to give her water.

An unfamiliar warmth gripped his heart as he poured a small amount of water into her mouth. She drank and then opened her mouth again, eagerly. He gazed at her adoringly as she quenched her thirst.

"Nahi...main nahi kha sakti ye," Vara pushed her plate away.
("No...I can't eat this.")

"At least eat some items," Indra cajoled her. "It may take a few hours to reach home."

Vara selected a few items: curd, plain rice, gulab jamun, and salad.

"Can we pack the remaining? I don't want to let it go to waste," she said, looking guilty.

"Voh hum kha lenge. Aap bas itna hi khaegi?" Indra frowned at the selected amount.
("I will eat that. Will you only eat this much?")

"Ha...ye bohot hai," Vara replied.
("Yes...this is enough.")