Part 25

Raina's mother had fallen down the stairs, and guests were scheduled to come to their house, so she couldn't visit Dhruv. Dhruv didn't even answer her call.

Dhruv had to return home when Raina sent him a restraining order. Everyone was angry with Dhruv, but he remained firm, "I don't remember anything, but I'm sure nothing like that happened. The girl is trying to trap me. I didn't even drink that much, just two pegs...I was wearing pants god damn it...if something had happened I wouldn't be wearing anything..." He told Indrajeet angrily, his voice tinged with frustration and resentment.

Raina refused to speak with anyone from the family and only spoke to Indrajeet once. However, she grew furious when he suggested there could be some misunderstanding.

"I saw them in BED... The girl was NAKED, and I misunderstood?!" Raina screamed.

The girl had vanished into thin air. At that time, they didn't even have the same power they held today, so they couldn't locate her. CCTV footage of the hotel lobby showed the girl assisting a drunk Dhruv to reach his room.

Narmada and Girish made several trips to Raina's home, only to return with a threat from Zarna Bhadoria that she would send them a restraining order if they interfered...

Then, suddenly one day, Raina called Dhruv.
"I have decided to go for an abortion," she said.

Dhruv was numb. That day, for the first time, Narmada Meghwal traveled alone to meet Raina, against her husband's wishes.

She pleaded with Raina to reconsider and not to make decisions in anger, reminding her that anger clouds judgment. However, Raina remained firm. She couldn't erase the image of her husband's betrayal from her mind. She decided to proceed with the abortion and became angry when the doctor informed her that it could be risky due to some medical complications.

Dhruv also rushed to try to stop Raina.
By the time Dhruv arrived, Raina had chosen a modest hospital where they were willing to perform the abortion, prioritizing financial gain over the associated risks.

Dhruv fell silent; his child was no more. He quietly signed the divorce papers sent by Raina's lawyer. Raina retreated into a shell. Within the span of one month, she had lost her baby, husband, and marriage.

During their first divorce hearing, Indrajeet brought forward the girl who confessed to being a prostitute. She admitted that she had hoped to earn some extra cash, but when Dhruv refused her, she spiked his drink. Her plan was to extort money with some racy pictures, but nothing of that sort happened between them.

The revelation left everyone shocked and stunned, leading to the postponement of the divorce hearing. On that day, Raina had asked her mother to call Dhruv or send a message, explaining her absence as she was busy taking care of the home since family friends were coming to visit, and her mother had fallen down the stairs. However, her mother confessed afterward that she never messaged or called Dhruv; she had deleted all of his messages that day. She admitted she never wanted to see her daughter unhappy and believed Dhruv was not right for her.

Feeling betrayed, Raina moved to a hotel, harboring anger towards her mother.

After a month, and with a significant effort on Indrajeet's part, Raina and Dhruv agreed to meet each other. They understood they needed time to heal their wounds, but their love for each other remained strong. Raina's father encouraged her to patch things up.