Part 5

Six Months Later,

"Daksh, suno na..." Tarini called her husband, who was busy playing games on his PlayStation.
(Daksh, listen)

"Hmm...?" He simply hummed a response, letting her know he was listening.

"Do you really think Indrajeet Dada will get married to that Roshni?" Worrying, she bit her bottom lip as she asked her husband.

Daksh took a long breath and exhaled. "Look, this will be their what? their second meeting? Maybe he will say yes for the family's sake. The whole family will be happy if he gets married now. I know I will be. He deserves to have a good life partner. So please stop worrying about some silly future scenario. Even if they do get married, no one is going to oust you from this home."

"You won't understand home politics. Yes, I don't mind Indra Dada getting married, but if he marries that Roshni, she is your Bhabhi's sister. Your Bhabhisa already hates me..." Tarini started.

"Oh God, not this again...this is a house. No one is going to play politics with you. And Raina Bhabhisa does not hate you; she just takes some time to warm up to people. It comes with her profession. She will mellow down as you spend more time here," turning back to his console, Daksh said with a tone of finality.

Tarini gazed out of her room window. She felt lonely in this house.

After her marriage, Grihapravesh was done by her mother-in-law, warmly welcoming her into the family.

The next day was her first rasoi, and she was supposed to make something sweet. Back at her home, she rarely stepped foot in the kitchen. Except for tea, coffee, and Maggi, she didn't know how to make anything. She went to ask for help from her mother-in-law to find everyone looking tense.

Dadisa scolded her in front of everyone for no reason. Even the servants were looking at her. "Don't know how to make a simple sweet dish? Aapke Mata, pita ne kuch nahi sikhaya aapko? Narmda ya aur koi bhi aapki madat nahi karega. Jo jaisa ata hai vo kijiye. Nahi toh kuch karne ki jarurat nahi."

(Didn't your parents teach you anything? No one will help you. Make whatever you can. If not, then let it be.)

She felt tears of humiliation burn her eyes. She ran to the kitchen, thought of calling Vara, then decided against it. Her job was starting today. She used YouTube and tried making Kheer. In a hurry, instead of sugar, she added salt.

Everyone made a disgusting face. Dadisa taunted some more, "First rasoi, she gives us this. You can understand what she will make of this home. Just like her, this girl came and my..."

At that, her mother-in-law interrupted Dadisa. "Masa bas bhi kijiye"
(Mother, that's enough already).

Tarini didn't eat that day. Her father-in-law and mother-in-law sympathized with her, assuring Dadisa is just strict and will mellow down with time.

She remembered what Nikita, Indrajeet Banna's ex-wife, had told her. Is this why they got divorced? This family could not accept Nikita. Will they do the same thing with her?

Later on, Daksh came to cool her down, and then she got to know that, last night, suddenly Indra Dada had left from the hotel venue itself. He went to France for some deal, which was not due for another month. He went away with his private jet and did not let even Bajrang accompany him. Indra Dada has never acted like this, and once when he did, he faced a grave accident and came back from the death's door. Hence, Dadisa is upset and worried.

Tarini recalled Dadisa's words, "Just like her...she came and..." So, Dadisa thinks Tarini is a bad omen for her house because her dear grandson left home without any prior notice. Tarini was sad and furious,  'what sort of orthodox mentality is this?'