Part 10

Vara checked and rechecked her bag, ensuring she had packed everything for the three-day trip. Traveling light, she carried a small knapsack and a sling purse. Vara felt restless and anxious. Her parents had departed for their village late yesterday evening. Now, all she had to do was pick up her luggage and reach Chauhan Bhawan. The entire family would be departing around 8 AM. Tarini had emphasized the importance of being on time, as Indrajeet Dada was known for his punctuality. No worries there; Vara was equally punctual. If she leaves now, she will reach their home in an hour.

She had hoped against hope that Tarini Tai's in-laws would refuse her, sparing Vara from accompanying them on the trip. This is the first time she was lying and hiding something this big from her family, just for her sister...

"Hey deva please sagla suralit par padudet" she prayed before devghar in her home.
(Oh God, let everything go smoothly)

*****

They would be traveling in a 14-seater super luxury AC mini tempo traveler. One side featured 2-seaters, while the other had single-seaters, and at the end, there were 4 seats. A TV at the front and cleverly attached speakers filled the bus with soft music.

 A TV at the front and cleverly attached speakers filled the bus with soft music

On the first seat were Girish and Narmada, followed by Dhruv and Raina on the second seat

On the first seat were Girish and Narmada, followed by Dhruv and Raina on the second seat. The third seat accommodated Roshni and a reluctant Indrajeet, as urged by Dadisa. Single seaters were occupied by Dadisa and Bajrang, and the last seats were taken by Daksh, Tarini, and Vara, with Vara in the window seat behind the single seaters. In total, there were 11 members plus the driver, and their vehicle was guarded by four security cars full of guards.

As the tempo started, Narmada aunty suggested they take God's name before beginning their journey. Daksh and Tarini both shouted "Har Har Mahadev" and "Ganpati Bappa Morya" simultaneously, then turned to each other. Almost everyone smiled, while Daksh and Tarini began bickering about whose chanting was more suitable for the occasion...

Smiling, Vara shook her head and turned to look out of the window. She loved gazing out of the speeding vehicle. It would take approximately 6 hours to reach their destination.