Chapter 65: Stopping the Iron Drone Legion

---

"You might have lived wrongly as a man, or you might have lived wrongly as a woman. In the end, it's still a way of human."

- Bon Clay, (One Piece)

---

<(Atem POV)>

"Now, let's see what my favorite teenage dream waifu is doing," I muttered with a grin on my face as I expanded my cosmic senses to begin looking for the infamous Black Widow after I finished killing Justine Hammer. "Wait, it has been almost a year since I left for space?... How long was I fucking Caiera for? I thought I was quite quick about the entire thing." I exclaimed in surprise after my mind registered all the information about everything happening around me in a 10-kilometer radius.

"Don't worry master, this is not your fault. As you know, space doesn't quite follow the rules of time uniformly since time is only relative in the vast expanse of space. So, two planets in entirely different galaxies will of course follow different time zones as well. Earth is in the Milky Way galaxy while Sakaar is in the Fornax galaxy, a small satellite galaxy outside the Milky Way. So, yeah the concept of Time always gets a bit tricky when it comes to traveling between two different planets in completely separate galaxies, especially since you have been living on a planet that was surrounded by numerous artificial wormholes that were actively disrupting space and time around it." Zoya tried her best to alleviate my worries.

"I see. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Zoya. But I think I'll have to work on my habit of suddenly disappearing for months on end. It's almost like my life is some kind of subpar fanfiction with the author having no idea how to pass the time without making me too OP and therefore comes up with stupid shit like this." I chuckled at my stupid thought as I continued scoping the area. "Ah, there she is... Interesting, it almost seems like destiny has been trying to correct its course despite this universe not precisely following the exact 'canon'." I theorized.

"That is definitely a possibility master. After I got access to the Zero Force, I am now able to sense a lot of unique universal or multiversal entities and forces. Most among them would prefer destiny and fate not changing for the wider world, although only a few of them have the capabilities to effect or influence it directly."

"I see. I guess I'll take that as a warning." I answered with a small nod of my head. According to her, there was a chance that I could be attacked by those entities if the 'plot' got derailed too much because of me but again, that is just a theory. Anyway, I should stop worrying about stuff like that and focus on the more important things... like how hot the Scarlett Johansson lookalike looks with that tight suit on her. It almost looks like it would slip right off her with just a tug.

***

<(Omniscient POV)>

"Dammit, I am slowly getting locked out of the system, Mr. Stark. Ivan Vanko seems to have taken a lot of measures to make sure that no one but him can use this system to shut down all the units or take control of all of them at once. The most I can do is take control of them one by one and self-destruct them after making them fly high enough in the sky. But that probably won't be fast enough since it won't take long for Vanko to realize that something is wrong with his drones. If that happens, we might find ourselves having a chain self-destruct explosion in our hands." Natasha warned as she furiously typed on the computer in front of her. "We are talking about a city-wide explosion that can claim thousands of lives."

She was currently at the Headquarters of Hammer Industries, trying to hack her way into the system to gain control of the Iron drones designed by Vanko but unfortunately for her, that task has been slowly proving extremely hard if not almost impossible due to the intricate and complex security protocols Ivan had installed in his system beforehand. Of course, Natasha was still confident that she would be able to crack it given enough time, but time was a luxury she didn't have right now.