Chapter 13: A Deal Truly from a Shark

---

"If today is the worst day ever – tomorrow has to be better."

– Ikusaba Marco, (Future Diary)

---

<(Atem POV)>

"What the hell are you doing here Mr. Sugarbaby?" Tony Stark asked in his signature snarky voice even while he was pinned under the grip of the frozen Iron Monger.

"Me? Oh, I was just here to enjoy the view but then I saw a grand fight going on around here. So, I just came to check it out. But then imagine my surprise when I found out that the great genius Tony Stark was getting his ass kicked like a little bitch. It was almost painful to watch." I chuckled as I began to float in a sitting position.

"So, you are a metahuman, huh? I knew having two rich and beautiful sugar mommies couldn't be normal, otherwise, I would have already done it." Tony complained, still struggling under Stane's grip.

"Maybe, or maybe I am just a better and more attractive guy than you. Anyhow, I have watched this fight for too long now. I should go back..." I said as I turned back, not caring about the expression of helplessness on Tony's face.

"WAIT. I mean, since you are here and all, you could give me a hand in clearing this all up. My armor's power is quite low since I have been fighting this giant piece of trash from the beginning." Tony tried his best to stop me from leaving.

"Huh, did you say something? I mean I am quite a helpful guy but I failed to hear the words 'please' and 'help' in there." I said with a straight face.

"... Okay, fine... Can you please help me? I am literally bleeding out here. The light is getting too close for me to be comfortable." Tony said as he placed his hands on his bleeding arm. However, to his surprise, it wasn't bleeding as severely as before. Instead, it looked like some invisible force was trying to contain his injury.

"What the fuc..." Tony was utterly confused at the continuous miracles he was witnessing one by one.

"Well, since you said please, I guess I should help. But, I don't like doing stuff for free especially if I am doing it for a bloodsucking billionaire. So here, this is my contract. Take a look at it and see if you still want my help." I said, throwing a piece of rolled paper towards him which hit him in the head as he failed to catch it.

"I am literally pinned under a 4000-pound piece of armor with one of its drill-shaped hands piercing through my shoulder. Do you really expect me to pick that up?" He asked with a tired voice which made it seem like he just wanted to go home.

"Okay okay, here." I used my telekinesis and floated the piece of paper near his face so that he could skim through it and save both of us some valuable time.

"What the hell is this contract? You are more or less ripping me off with this. There is no way people charge this much for anything. I am just giving you free business if I sign this contract." Tony complained as he finished reading the entire contract in one breath.

"Yeah, so? I think you are missing the point here. I am not here to give you a healthy 'equal for all sides' contract. I am here to profit off of you as much as I can. I have needs man. I need food to fill my stomach and a roof over my head. I can't do all those without being a little selfish, can I." I shrugged with a helpless expression on my face.

"You little bloodsucker... But, what if I sign it now, and refuse to abide by its terms later? I can always just hire some good lawyers to help me fight your contract off later." He asked, raising one of his brows with a smirk but I knew he wasn't planning to do that since if he was, he wouldn't have asked me that.