52.

Author's narrative

Adhiraj enters the hallway and stands in front of a door, gazing through the glass with bloodshot eyes, only to look at an unconscious body lying on the operating table with a swarm of doctors trying desperately to save the life of the person inside.

"Who did this?" He spoke slowly, the look in his eyes indescribable. The emotion is his eyes was unreadable, though one could see the fire brewing inside the dark pools.

At the same time, Zaira and others rushed inside with worried faces. When she looked at her husband, she felt chills running down her spine, despite the fact that she had lived her life with this man. He felt unrecognizable.

It felt like something has possessed him.

"I asked," he whispered. "Who did this?" His gaze was fixated upon Veer who looked down in hesitance. "Uncle Adhiraj---"

"Who. Did. This?!"

Veer looks at him with an unknown emotion. "Only Abhimanyu was present there. I don't know. Please don't ask me." Adhiraj nodded with psychotic look on his face.

"Adhiraj, what happened?" Zaira asked, clenching her fists in panic. She was baking cookies for the children when a call asked her to come to the hospital.

Adhiraj breathed heavily, before his red eyes glanced back inside the room. He suddenly looked like he was about to burn the whole place down.

Veer suddenly dropped to his knees. "Uncle Adhiraj, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I should have been more alert."

A sound of loud thunder reached echoed as it started raining outside. It felt as if a storm has come into their lives, trying to sweep everything away.

"Sorry? You're sorry? Go call that bastard!" Adhiraj roared. He never loosed his calm. It made Zaira terrified of what the situation was.

Veer left and Adhiraj once again looked inside the room, his expression turning painful. Veer soon returned with Abhimanyu trailing behind him.

As soon as Abhimanyu stood in front of  him, a harsh sound echoed as a hard slap landed on his cheek. His head whipped to the side and he carelessly wiped the blood off his lips. Zaira gasped in shock.

"Now that you're here, I would like an explanation Abhimanyu Singhania. Why did you remove her security?" Adhiraj gritted. Abhimanyu looked at him blankly. Adhiraj clutched his collar before pulling him to the front.

"I asked you something!" Abhimanyu remained silent.

"Do you know what it caused her?" Adhiraj seethed at his silence. It seemed as if Abhimanyu had no conscience at all.

Radhika pulled Adhiraj away. "Stop, he's your son!" Adhiraj shrugged her hands harshly. "And just because of him, my daughter's in there!"

"Do you know what happened to her you piece of shit?" Adhiraj sneered furiously. Abhimanyu was expressionless.

"It's okay Adhiraj, he's just a kid---"

"A kid? A kid?! You know what your kid's actions costed me, Maa? What it costed my daughter?"

"Ask him! Ask him why he removed the security around her?!"

"Ask him where he was these days!"

"Just because of him, my daughter is in there."