41.

Abhimanyu's narrative

I looked down at the papers on my desk and a sigh escaped my lips. I'm glad that I have finally completed the paperwork.

I silently walked out of my study and went downstairs. I sat down on one of the couches in the living room and looked at my father.

"How are you?" He asks me breathlessly.

I rubbed my temple and sighed, "I'm fine."

"Do you want to visit the hospital with me?" I asked him.

He nodded in agreement and stood up, sauntering towards his room. Minutes later, he came back dressed and we made our way to the hospital.

I was driving when my father decided to order me to stop by at a florist. I obeyed him and he went inside the shop. When I almost decided to leave him and go ahead, he came back with a bouquet of white roses in his hands.

I internally rolled my eyes and started the drive again, as soon as he sat inside.

We manoeuvred our way inside the ICU and saw a sleeping Rishabh on the couch and my mother reading a book. My father went towards Mom and hugged her, making me roll my eyes again.

I'm glad they're still so loving.

He then made his way towards the sleeping form of Amayra on the bed and silently placed a chaste kiss on her forehead after placing the bouquet in his hands on the table beside the bed.

"Wake up soon babygirl," I heard him say softly.

My memories went back in the lane when I came to know that she was in coma. Apparently, after her suicide attempt, she lost control of herself and accidentally hit her head hard on the bathtub and became unconscious. She already was injured on her head when she was found and this time, it caused her serious injuries and she fell into a coma. It's already been a month or so since she's here.

I don't know what those doctors are doing!

Can't they wake up a single child?!

And for the umpteenth time in the day, I sighed.

After my father finally had his time, I made my way towards the little girl on the bed and sat beside her bed.

I silently clasped her lifeless hand in my own and placed a soft kiss on it, "Why are you punishing me little girl?"

I rubbed my thumb on her hand slowly, "It's been more than a month now, when are you going to show me your pretty eyes, hmm?"

My lips twisted a little at her unmoving state. Those shitheads told me that talking to her could make her wake up. I doubt if they told that only because I had them by their collars.

Stupid doctors!

"It's too much now Myra, I want you to wake up now," I said firmly.

They told me she could hear me.

I glanced at her up and down and frowned in displeasure. She was supposed to be wearing those girly dresses and go shopping, not laying here in the hospital in a gown.