26.

Amayra Miraya Singhania

I was waiting for my father outside the principal's office. It's been more than fifteen minutes, yet he hasn't come back. After a few minutes, the door opened, and my father walked out. He looked at me, and I swear I saw his eyes softening.

"Let's go to your classes, alright, darling?" He says this, takes my hand, and starts walking with me.

We walk together, hand in hand, for a few good minutes when we finally stop before a classroom. Grade seven was written in gold-plated, bold letters on the wall.

So this is what it is now? I'm finally going to attend the classes.

I tightened my grip on my father's hand. He squeezed my hand in assurance and crouched down in front of me. He cautiously cupped my face and rubbed his thumb on my cheeks.

"Don't be scared, my little princess. It will be alright, okay? If anyone troubles you, tell me, okay?" He asked softly and looked into my eyes.

I nodded.

I felt better when he spoke those words. And what's the worst that can happen in a school?

"Here, look." He is pointing to a woman.

"This is Leah. She will be here outside while you're in your classes. If you think you have even the slightest discomfort, tell her. For any problems that need immediate attention, look out for her. She is one of your mother's personal bodyguards, and now she's yours. I can assure you that she is perfect. I was going to appoint mine for you, but I thought maybe you'd be more comfortable with her since mine is a man." My father says, pursing his lips.

"Hello, ma'am," Leah says, flashing me a charming smile. I smiled back at her hesitantly.

"You're perfectly safe with her," my father said, nodding with a rare smile on his face.

"Don't worry." He says this, looking at me.

He actually noticed my hesitation.

I felt myself smiling internally.

After a lot of pep talks, I finally pushed the door open and walked inside. All the faces were looking at me instantly, making me clutch my bag strap. My father had already left after I entered. A young man in a light blue formal shirt and black pants greeted me. He was handsome, to say the least. Brown eyes, black hair, and a perfect figure. He looked at me and raised his perfect eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, you're?" He says this, looking at me.

Was he not informed about me and my situation?

I gestured to him that I couldn't speak and looked around helplessly. All the people sitting there were looking at me. The man's gaze turned gentle, and he walked towards me. The sound of his shoes tapping against the floor was heard until it suddenly stopped. Since I was looking down the moment he started walking, I could see his perfectly polished leather shoes.

"Hey there, are you lost?" He asks me in a gentle manner.

When I didn't speak, which was obvious, he passed me a notebook with a pen.

"Can you write it down for me?" He says this, passing me a warm smile. I took the notebook from his hands and began writing that I'm a student in this class. I held out my hand, and he took the notebook in my hands swiftly. He began reading what I wrote and frowned lightly.

"Just half a month before the final exams? Why did you take admission at this time, little girl?" He asked me curiously.

I shrugged my shoulders.