39.

Author's narrative

"Get out of here!"

Mihir hissed, clutching Swarnalekha by her arm.

"What did I do?" She said, trying to pry Mihir's hand off her.

Everyone watched them silently. It was evening when Mihir suddenly barged inside the mansion and grabbed his wife.

"You know what! Do you think I don't know about you helping Vijay to kidnap Amayra?!" He yelled furiously.

Swarnalekha froze on her place as she heard that. Everyone was shocked as they looked at Mihir.

"So that's why you didn't help me when my business was going down?" Swarnalekha asks calmly.

"He did help," Adhiraj spoke solemnly.

"I just pulled some strings," he smirked at her.

Swarnalekha glared furiously at Adhiraj. Everyone was shocked with her behavior.

"You were never there for your kids. You never cared enough. Acting all sweet was all you knew," Karan scoffed suddenly.

"I never thought you'd stoop so low," Kabir spoke.

"Don't bother with her Kabir. We all knew you never really loved your kids," Sameer chuckled.

"You're all taking his side?" Swarnalekha was shocked.

"We're with the right person. I can't believe you betrayed everyone like that. The poor girl is terrified with everything now. That's what you've done to her!" Karan raised his voice.

"Get out now!" Mihir bellowed angrily.

"But where will I go?" She asked frowning.

"I don't care! Go die!" Mihir shouts.

"You asshole!" Swarnalekha lifts her hand to slap Mihir but before she could touch him, a hand stopped her.

"Rishabh?" She whispers.

Rishabh left her hand with a jerk and stepped forward.

"Don't you dare touch my father!" He gritted.

Everyone was shocked to see his behavior. He never used that tone. Ever.

"I'm your mother!" Swarnalekha yelled.

"No you're not! You're not the one to give birth to any of us so don't you dare call yourself my mother!" Rishabh sneered.

Swarnalekha was speechless when she heard that. She was Mihir's second wife. His first wife died shortly after the twins, Kabir and Sameer, were born. Everyone knew about it. Even her first wife wasn't very loving but she cared for her kids. Mihir and her never had a great relationship because they were married forcefully by Prithviraj's father. But she still loved her kids.

It was as if Mihir was never lucky in love.

"Go and take your stuff away! Everything! Just get out!" Mihir yelled.

"And don't you dare cry and wake Myra up!" He warned.

Amayra was asleep in her bedroom.

Before Swarnalekha could move, Zaira clutched her hand tightly and slapped her mercilessly. Blood trickled down her chin with the force of the slap.

"You aren't going anywhere! I'm going to call the cops!" Zaira spat.

"I've already did, Zaira." Mihir's voice softened as he spoke to her.

The cops came and dragged Swarnalekha out of the mansion. She screaming at Mihir and cursing everyone.

It was finally silent.