43.

Amayra's narrative

Mr. Rajput's class was finally over, when it was time for the English class. I swear that man, Mr. Rajput, is so strict and boring. Anyways, I was excited for the English class. Finally, after a few minutes, Mr. Samarth entered the class. He looked around and he smiled as he saw us.

"Good morning, class. I don't think I'm required to introduce myself to the new students, since you all already know me. Now, let's start," he began teaching and I patiently listened to him.

I liked literature very much.

Specifically novels.

It's like a distraction from the world.

"So, the class is over. I hope everyone is going to finish their essays," he says, giving a pointed look to a student.

Everyone stood up and turned to leave but I stayed, wanting to talk to him. After all, he's the one who helped me trust my family.

"Yes Amayra, you need something?" He asked me, his tone gentle.

"No sir," I replied slowly.

"Okay then...wait! You spoke?!" He asked, flabbergasted.

I almost giggled at his face. He looks comical.

"Yes," I replied smilingly.

"That's a very good thing," he smiled softly at me, his gaze encouraging.

"Thankyou sir," I said slowly, expressing my sincerest gratitude.

He smiled and flicked my head, "No problem, little student."

I giggled at that.

Little student.

Better than little girl, at least.

Only my Bhai could call me that.

I took my leave and went towards my next class.

***

"Can we play?" I shyly ask the twins, standing in front of their bedroom.

"Of course! You don't know how much I wanted to play with you," Armaan exclaimed.

I was bored anyway.

"Have you finished your homework?" Ahaan asked instead.

I bobbed my head and looked at him expectantly.

"Let's go then," he smiled excitedly at me.

We played some board games and the twins cracked jokes about family members. I know it wasn't great to joke on your family but it was harmless and actually fun. Aarav, Vivaan, Kabir and Sameer have also joined in.

"You know, one time, Ahaan crashed Arhaan Bhai's car in a public washroom," Armaan spoke, laughing hysterically.

I giggled at that.

"Really?" Kabir snorted.

"Yeah, and do you remember? He grounded you for a month!" Armaan exclaimed, looking cheekily at Ahaan.

Ahaan scoffed, "Thanks for reminding!"

"Yeah! And Rishabh Bhai! You know, he snatched all my snacks and I was forced to eat boiled food when I had a fight," Kabir scoffed, just like Ahaan.