45.

Author's narrative

Amayra became the center of attention in the dinning room, as soon as Vihaan asked this question. Abhimanyu's eyes were narrowed in suspicion and Adhiraj's gaze sharpened. Zaira was worried about Amayra and so was everyone else.

"Amayra?"

"Huh?" Amayra muttered, perplexed.

"Where did you get that bruise from?" Vihaan repeated.

Amayra stuttered before forming a proper sentence, "I fell."

Vihaan's gaze turned disappointed as he caught her lying straight on his face, "Show me."

Amayra hesitantly pulled her sleeve revealing the big bruise there. "You think I'll believe that lie?" Vihaan asked her.

Amayra bowed her head, embarrassed, "I'm sorry Bhai."

"What happened Amayra?" Her mother asked, softly.

Amayra reluctantly explained the events that led her to get a bruise, and the atmosphere turned tense.

"Amayra, you should tell us whenever someone is bothering you," Arhaan says gently. However, she could see his hurt.

Tears filled her eyes as she heard him. Arhaan never really stays home because he has started his own business and is busy with it. She knows literally nothing about him and the amount of time they spend together is almost none. She has great respect for him and disappointing him and Abhimanyu was like disappointing her parents.

"I'm sorry," she spoke quietly.

Armaan rubbed her hand under the table, "It's Alright."

"I'm not mad Amayra, but you need to tell us whenever something is not right," Arhaan spoke softly.

"Myra, we're always there for you. Remember that," Adhiraj spoke smilingly.

Only the devil knew that he was planning a murder right now.

Vivaan stayed quiet, although he knew he'll surely teach the teacher a lesson and a lot of threats are going to spewed tomorrow for everyone. Kabir was fuming, and so was Aarav and Sameer.

"Hey cutie, would you like to go out with me after dinner?" Karan asked.

It seemed like they never really spent time. It won't be surprising if she forgot about him. She's upset today, so maybe, taking her out won't be a bad idea.

"Okay," Amayra smiled a little.

Vihaan treated her bruise and his fists clenched at the thought of someone hurting her.

Everything went back to normal, but for Amayra, it wasn't. She tried looking at Abhimanyu but he didn't even glance at her once. She was feeling upset about his behavior because, let's be honest, he was never mad at her.

"Bhai," she whispered quietly.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked him, once everyone was settled in the living room.

Abhimanyu looked at her emotionlessly and Amayra felt her heart squeezing. She isn't used to this behavior.

"I'm not important enough for you, Amayra. Isn't it?" He asked her calmly.