25.

Author's POV

Everyone was seated in the living room as usual after a hectic day at work. The boys were chatting with each other, bickering occasionally.

"Amayra's tutor isn't coming these days." Rishabh commented, looking at Abhimanyu.

Hearing his question, Zaira turned her eyes towards Adhiraj as he smirked internally.

Well, she's attending classes in hell.

A dark glint covered Abhimanyu's eyes as he swirled the drink in his hands.

"She's gone," he replied calmly, taking a sip.

Prithviraj squinted his eyes at his grandson.

He didn't know that Abhimanyu was also involved with these things yet. Everyone knew what he meant, but no one chose to comment. They ignored it casually, as if they were used to doing so.

"So, who will teach her then?" Ahaan asked, taking a glance at his twin.

Adhiraj's expression turned grim. "My daughter's fine. There is no need to teach her. Who knows what that person will do to her?"

Arhaan spoke, "If you want, I can teach her. It's not too much hardship anyway."

His suggestion was actually supported by the family. He was a straight-A student, and Amayra's safe with him, most importantly. She was also going to start school in a few days. It was actually proposed by her. Adhiraj and Abhimanyu, though a little reluctant, couldn't deny her, of course.

Adhiraj nodded subtly and said, "You're right. You could actually tutor her."

Amayra came down, slowly descending the stairs. She looked carefree at that time as she came towards the family. Stopping a few steps away, she scanned the entire room until her eyes landed on one particular person. With a triumphant smile, she hopped directly towards him and sat down beside him.

"You could try these people too, you know. I know they're unbearable, but you can get to know them," Vihaan comments, looking at Amayra, who was sitting next to Abhimanyu as usual.

Abhimanyu chuckled lightly and looped an arm around her shoulder. Amayra ignored him, making other people chuckle.

"Well, she isn't interested in people like us, brother. But you know that Abhimanyu bhai is so generous."

This time, it came from Aarav, and Adhiraj couldn't help but feel furious with his comment. He was saying it as if he was taunting Amayra.

"Control your tone, boy! Don't speak to your sister like that!" He says this as his eyes darken.

Everyone shivered at his tone. He was definitely not the person to mess with. He wasn't merciful, even with his family, when it came to Amayra.

Abhimanyu turned his gaze coldly towards Aarav.

"Aarav, do you want to be on my bad side? Because trust me, I'm not so generous," he says.

His tone was so calm and chilling that Aarav felt goosebumps rising on his skin. Abhimanyu didn't choose to twist his words; he has threatened him directly. He bowed his head down, choosing not to anger him anymore. If Abhimanyu chose to, he might actually destroy him. Even if Aarav was his brother, no one came before Amayra for him.

Just no one...

"Aarav, go back to your room and hand me your phone," Arhaan instructs strictly. Aarav obliged without a fuss.

He definitely didn't like the way his sister was treated right now.

Amayra, however, was calm and unaffected. If Aarav didn't like her, it's not a problem. Not everyone would like her, so it was alright for her. She didn't care much about him because she has people who like her and whom she likes. She was defended by her family; that's all that matters, actually. The same was the case with Vivaan.