31.

Author's POV

After the little revelation Amayra just did, Abhimanyu couldn't control himself anymore. One could see that he was furious beyond imagination. His hands clenched tightly into fists and he was breathing heavily to calm himself down.

If only this was a room, he would have smashed it in seconds.

Amayra looked up at her older brother hesitantly, and instantly shivered when she saw his expression. His eyes even changed their usual color, turning a shade of sharp blue.

This happens everytime he wa extremely furious.

Adhiraj looked at the little girl in his arms, as he tightened his hold on her protectively. His beautiful eyes turned sharp, an instant darkness lurking deep beneath them.

He opened his mouth and rasped, "Calm yourself."

The words he spoke were so commanding, that Abhimanyu couldn't help but follow. Amayra could feel the darkness within the air, and she didn't dare move. Adhiraj's gaze landed on the girl and he leaned his head down further, until his eyes were leveling with her.

" Who was it?"

He spoke so calmly, that the other two people felt a chill running through them.

Amayra looked back into her father's eyes, seemingly trying to gauge his reaction.

He didn't seem to be disgusted, neither he was repulsive to her. When all he could say was to order her to leave, he was asking her about who did that to her.

"Why do want to know?"

When Adhiraj thought that his daughter was going to give him a name, he didn't expect her to ask about what he wanted to do with the names.

He tilted his head, " I'll kill him."

He replied, without any hesitation.

" Dad," Abhimanyu warned.

He didn't want her sister to know about all the dark things they encounter. She was simply too innocent for those. He didn't want their relationship, neither his' nor his father's, to be tarnished with Amayra if she's scared. Speaking such things, would surely scare her.

Silence prevailed, and no one knew what Amayra was thinking. Amayra looked at Adhiraj with an unknown emotion in her eyes. Slowly, she wrapped her frail arms around Adhiraj's neck and buried her face his his chest. Adhiraj, though surprised, patted her back affectionately.

Amayra shook her head vigorously in his arms and Adhiraj got the clue.

She didn't knew who they were.

He kissed her head, " It's okay. It's all okay baby, don't worry. They're gone now. Everyone's gone."

Adhiraj spoke softly, his previous self all gone.

They all sat there in silence, no one speaking a word. Amayra, though, couldn't control herself anymore.

"Are you not angry with me?"

Adhiraj looked at Amayra with an indescribable emotion.

" Why would I baby?" He asks her.

He already knew the answer.

" It was not you who did anything wrong right? I could never be angry on you," he said lovingly.

His words were like magic, Amayra instantly believed him. No one had the power to make her believe whatever they want, until it comes to Adhiraj.

Some things really can't compare to a father's love.

Abhimanyu looked at father daughter duo with contentment. If there's anyone who he trusts Amayra with, it's him, obviously.