18.

Adhiraj Singhania's POV

"Is she really our sister?"

The question caused everyone to stop what they were doing and look at the speaker of those words. I closed my eyes tightly and rather furiously. I lifted my gaze from my plate to look at the person who dared to ask such a question about my daughter.

Armaan! This boy...

My eyes traveled towards Abhimanyu on their own, and I saw as his fists clenched and his eyes hardened.

"She doesn't look like anyone here. Just look; she has green eyes. Does anyone else here have green eyes like her?" The way he put forward his question showed that he was genuinely curious.

But, my boy, you should know where, when, and what to say.

His concern, however, was ignored by Abhimanyu as his eyes darkened further. I looked at Amayra to see her head bowed down. I clenched my fists.

How dare he talk about his sister like that?

"Armaan, what are you saying?" Arhaan spoke with a hard edge in his voice.

"It's true; maybe she's not our sister. Can't you see the obvious difference?" He continued further.

"Can't you see the obvious resemblance?" Arhaan spat back harshly, slamming his hand on the table. Amayra flinched at his actions.

"No, she---"

"Listen here, boy, you do not speak about her like that. Do you understand?" Abhimanyu hissed, causing everyone to fall silent.

Using his index and thumb fingers, he slid off his brown cosplay contact lenses, revealing his bright and unique green eyes. Armaan's eyes turned wide as he saw him.

"Do you believe it now? Just sit down," Ahaan said harshly.

"No, I don't believe it!" Armaan whispered. "No!" he spoke loudly. Abhimanyu glared at him, his eyes turning a lethal shade of blue, showcasing his fury.

"She is not our sister. She is our niece," he said, catching everyone off guard. This boy is unbelievable.

"Just shut it, Armaan," Zaira glared at him. "Stop speaking nonsense!" she said harshly.

"Armaan," Abhimanyu started slowly, maybe trying to control himself. "I am warning you. You do not speak like that or disrespect my sister ever. Understood?" He spoke in a dark tone, causing everyone to pale visibly. Armaan nodded furiously.

Abhimanyu seemed satisfied as he looked at Amayra. I don't know what happened, but the next moment, his expression changed as he took her in his arms.

Abhimanyu Singhania's POV

I turned my attention to Amayra, who was sitting beside me, and my eyes immediately softened as I saw her eyes filled with tears. Rage filled inside of me, but I tried not to show it on my face.
I immediately lifted her off her chair and made her sit on my lap. She's still a baby compared to me; she's so tiny.

She sniffled lightly, making my eyes turn even more soft. "Shh, don't cry, baby," I cupped her cheeks. He will not speak like that again," I told her, glaring at Armaan, who nodded fearfully.

Rubbing her tears with my thumb, I squished her cheeks playfully. "Now smile for me; come on!" I pacified her.

"If she doesn't stop crying, Armaan, consider yourself dead," Arhaan said in a sing-song manner, causing Armaan's face to pale.

I hugged her, keeping her head close to my chest. After a few minutes, her sniffles subsided, and she pulled away only to look at me. I raised an eyebrow at her red face and said, "You do know that you look like a tomato right now, right?" I whispered to her in a teasing manner. She pouted lightly, which earned a chuckle from me.