44.

Amayra's narrative

I looked around the empty classroom that awaits my presence. My Biology teacher sat their strictly, looking down at his papers. I swallowed the lump in my throat and lightly knocked the door. He looks at me and permitted me to enter the classroom. I took a seat down, nervously looking around once again.

The teacher cleared his throat, "I didn't intend to punish you, Amayra. However, I've got some reasons of concern that I'll like to discuss with you. I've noticed a few scars on your hands and they looked pretty bad. I've heard some teachers talk about some certain stuff about you and keeping them in mind, I'd like to ask if someone in your family is hurting you," he spoke slowly, trying to gauge my reaction.

I was shocked at his words. He seemed genuinely concerned, but I had to clear it up with him.

"No, sir. No one is hurting me. Everything's fine at home and they really care for me. Whatever happened was in the past and now, I'm happy with my family," I spoke sincerely.

My teacher nodded his head, pretty satisfied.

Suddenly, three boys entered the classroom. One of them was who I recognized to be in my class and the other two were upperclassmen.

From the university.

One of them was Sameer.

They all sat down separately, seemingly annoyed by the venue.

Sameer sat down with my classmate though.

The teacher looked at me once again and handed me a paper, "Here, Amayra."

Sameer snapped his head towards me shocked, but grinned after that.

What's so amusing?

I slowly looked at the papers and flipped through them.

They were notes. Biology notes.

I smiled brightly at the teacher.

I'll pass Biology now.

The notes were simplified so much that I could really understand.

"Sameer Singhania!"

"Rohan Mehra!"

"Raunak Mishra!"

The teacher called out, giving them some files.

Mehra?

My maternal cousin?

I looked back at the boy. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes. Perfectly suits him.

I was then, dismissed by the teacher and I slowly walked away, not before feeling someone's gaze on my back.

***

"Why are you so sad baby," Mumma asked me.

"I want to go out," I pouted lightly.

This will work on her.

"Sure. Where do you want to go?" She asked me curiously.