Chapter 49

For Kaede, the next few days were more than just quiet as far as food was concerned. She had Chika and Megumi with her, but without Atsumu it was kind of boring. Like last year, he had been invited to the junior camp and would be spending a few days there to train. So Kaede had quite a lot of peace and quiet, although it was already a habit to talk to Atsumu in a special way.

Of course, it also meant that Megumi had to cope without him during these days. The black-haired girl therefore kept an eye on Kaede a little more often, which of course wasn't easy.

Class 2-2 was a little further away from the classrooms than class 2-3, where Kaede was. Almost on the other side of the building was 2-4, where Chika was. Kaede had always wondered why the rooms had been placed next to each other in the same school years. Perhaps it was to ensure that they came into contact with both older and younger students.

A good concept in itself. But it didn't help if there were victims of bullying. So it was quite difficult to find a relationship with someone from another class of the same level. Kaede was at least glad that Chika's bullies were often gone, as they had to start concentrating on their future.

Working life wasn't easy for anyone. Studying could also take a lot of energy, which was probably what Chika would have to face. But Kaede had also considered starting a degree course in writing. Grades in Japanese or English were not really a problem. These two subjects were Kaede's best, as she had of course also borrowed foreign books in other languages.

Writing styles that only came from Japan would be too boring anyway. Other countries, other customs and therefore a wide-ranging area for books. What she had already learned was that poems in other countries were somewhat more recognizable. As soon as you read them, you realized what the words were supposed to express.

The poems in Japan, which they call haiku, were a little more vague. Feelings and situations could be interpreted differently for everyone. Everyone could have a different explanation for these small texts.

As far as Megumi was concerned. Kaede could imagine her doing something in the drawing field. A designer or something along those lines. She was artistically talented, no one could deny that. She didn't even have to be in one of the higher classes for that. Good grades would be enough for her.

"Kaede, look." Chika smiled as she held out a magazine. "The new magazine for the spring tournament. It's been officially published."

The Tokoyami shook her head briefly, as her thoughts had been elsewhere. "Sorry..." she said immediately and took the magazine. Chika had been blossoming more and more often lately. And as Kaede could see, her skin was getting better and better with time. It was quite possible that she would have clear skin like many other girls by the end of high school.

"Megumi is at her art club right now and is busy. She said she wanted to work alone on the Inarizaki banner, which needs to be renewed." Chika explained.

Kaede nodded in understanding. So Oomi wanted the team to be seen with different eyes than before. Probably something like the Karasuno, which was able to qualify again after all these years.

Atsumu had already said that he would get to know this Tobio Kageyama, who was able to defeat Wakatoshi Ushijima. Names that Kaede had heard for the very first time, as she had always stayed out of this matter.

"Your texts have been given a lot of focus." Chika reported as soon as Kaede opened the magazine. She had automatically flicked through to Inarizaki and realized that none of her texts had been changed.

"What..." the Tokoyami breathed when she was mentioned by name on the last page. "The trainer said that you contributed a lot and wanted to make sure that no one changed your great work or used it for themselves." Chika explained when she saw the look on her face.

"That...is unexpected..." Keade admitted, but was also a little pleased. "I'm so excited about it. I've never been to this tournament myself. I wonder how Megumi and I are going to cope with it..."

"I'm sure you'll manage." Kaede smiled confidently. She assumed that all the players were not concerned with their appearance. After all, there was a tournament for the boys to win.