Chapter 8

"That's her, isn't it?" some students whispered when Kaede came into the cafeteria, took a gray tray and stood in line. The previous lesson had been almost similar, although there had only been glances, as nobody wanted to disturb the teacher.

Kaede had already figured that they would be talking about her now. Who would throw their backpack with all its contents at someone? That's right, nobody. To be honest, Kaede would never have done it either. But that had been her only option at that moment to get the girls away from Chika.

"A portion of rice with the curry, please." Kaede ordered as she looked at the food and finally at the table above her. Basically, the brown-haired girl ate everything. She had just wondered whether she was more in the mood for the rice or the glass noodles. Next to it were the dumplings, which had smelled good.

"She didn't even hesitate." the students whispered as Kaede walked past them to find a suitable seat. She wasn't picky. But she wanted to take an empty seat where she could write her apology on the side.

Kaede had taken a table in the middle for herself. Thinking about this was pretty stupid anyway. She found it a bit strange that all the students had gathered around this table and it had been empty.

"She just sits in their seats." Kaede heard and had taken out her papers? Whose seat were they talking about? There was no name tag, so it wasn't reserved.

"Kaede, you shouldn't be sitting here." Chika now addressed her, holding her tray in her hands. "Why not? Will I be expelled from school?"

"No, but this place belongs to the volleyball players. And it has been for years." Chiks explained, which is why Kaede put up a light. That's why the whole table was empty.

"So?" Chika laughed a little nervously. "You really take everything kind of...easy. Did you get that from a book?"

"I don't think so." Kaede pondered. Of course she knew some of the content that related to such topics. But sometimes it was just her way of expressing herself. Maybe it was because of the life she led.

"Don't talk and just sit down." Kaede said after a moment's thought and took a pen in her right hand while she took her spoon in her left hand, as it would be a little easier to do both at the same time.

Unsure, Chika sat down and felt a little uncomfortable as the students had started talking. The fact that the volleyball team wasn't here yet suited her just fine. As far as Chika had heard, they had already added a few new players to their team early in the morning.

Just as Chika was about to shove her glass noodles into her mouth with her chopsticks, she heard a voice that almost made her lose her appetite.

"You're sitting at our table." came a direct but cool voice.