Chapter 9

"I...we...well..." stuttered Chika, who couldn't really lift her gaze. Her eyes focused on the far too relaxed Kaede, who had shoved a spoonful of rice into her mouth and was eating.

"As far as I know, you're not part of the team." said Atsumu Miya, the team's new playmaker, who had looked at the girls with a cold and provocative expression. He had already seen that these were the two who had been in the hallway.

"She...didn't know." Chika tried to defuse the situation. "And why are you sitting here if you know?" Atsumu asked directly.

"Because I said so." Kaede, who hadn't even begun to raise her head and was just about to finish writing a sentence, intervened. "So if you don't want to starve, just sit down and leave us in peace."

An amused laugh could be heard coming from Ren Ōmimi, the middle blocker. This girl was certainly not one to mince her words. "Ah, you're the girl who ran into me." Kita immediately realized, who had put his tray on the table and sat down.

"So you know her?" asked Aran, who had also just sat down and, like Kita, hadn't paid any further attention. "Yes, she had a book about Hyōgo in her hand." the boy said and began to eat.

"You're not saying anything about this?" asked Atsumu, who seemed very cheeky to Kaede just from hearing him. "We're just eating here." Aran said, which is why all the new players had sat down.

"But this table has only ever been for the team for years." Atsumu didn't understand why it should be any different now. "If you want your seat that warms your ass, you're welcome to have your name engraved." Kaede's half-absent voice sounded.

Pulling herself together to keep from laughing, Chika drank from her fruit juice. "And if I still don't like it? Are you going to throw your things at me too?" Atsumu asked provocatively and didn't even get hit on the back of the head, which was usually the case. His gaze slid briefly to his twin brother, who must have found it very amusing.

"Hm, only if you keep bothering me." , said Kaede, who then pushed her spoon into her mouth again and was watched by the boys. Her eyes were fixed on the pen in her hand, which was moving quickly but neatly across the page.

"What are you writing?" Osamu, who had leaned forward slightly to see, wanted to know. "She has to write a ten-page apology as punishment." Chika explained for Kaede, who had thanked her with a quiet grumble.

"Ten pages?" asked Akagi, the team's libero. "Does she know how long it takes?" he asked immediately afterwards. Yes, Chika knew that. But she was also the one who knew that Kaede loved writing texts. But it was still very difficult to write ten pages. Especially for an apology.

"When did she start?" Osamu asked the gray-haired girl, who he considered pretty normal. He knew what had happened during the last break, of course.

"Before you came." Chika replied, hearing the pen Kaede had put down on the table and stretching slightly. "Done." the brown-haired girl breathed out, having finished her entire meal.

"How... all ten pages...?" Atsumu asked, who couldn't understand it at all. "Yes, a problem with that?" asked Kaede, who had now looked at him with her green-brown eyes for the first time. So here she saw for the first time that her classmate Osamu Miya had a twin brother.