Chapter 2

Hyōgo Prefecture is located northwest of Osaka, which bordered the Inland Sea to the south. To the east of Osaka Prefecture was Kyoto Prefecture, which was visited by many people. The climate in the prefecture was varied. The south was protected from the sea by mountain ridges and had a relatively mild climate, especially in winter. The interior and north were relatively cold and the north coast was also quite cold due to heavy snowfall.

Kōbe was the administrative center of Hyōgo and had one of the largest seaports in Japan. A well-known place for those interested in the history of these regions.

Kaede Tokoyami, who had her first day of school today at Inarizaki High School, which was also in Hyōgo Prefecture, was also learning about these little things. The reason for this was that she had used many basics to be able to write many texts.

She was also interested in the spellings and fonts that were used. It wasn't just a tic that Kaede had, but an interest and hobby that she pursued. She had always been interested in writing and had achieved very good grades in Japanese as a result.

In middle school, she had been one of the few who had done very well with kanji writing. But only because she had read books about it almost every day and practised the characters herself.

 It was hard for her parents to imagine. After all, it wasn't every day that a child chose such a hobby. Not only because this area was incredibly difficult, but also because a child should actually have other things on their mind.

Concentrating on her book, which Kaede was reading, she briefly banged into a person. "Oh, sorry," the brown-haired girl spoke immediately and raised her eyes briefly to look at the person.

Standing at a slight angle in front of her, Kaede saw an older student with gray hair. His facial features looked friendly, but also a little reserved. "It's okay." The boy spoke politely before walking past her.

"Funny boy..." muttered the Tokoyami, who then returned to her book. It didn't really matter to her which books she read herself. The main thing was that she could find inspiration in them. Sentences or words that were not often used in the texts.

Sometimes Keade also tried poems or word formations to memorize everything. She always wrote them down on a piece of paper, which she put away after a while so that she didn't have to look at it all the time. She wanted to store all the styles in her head and only write down things that were more difficult to remember.

A glance at her watch made Kaede shake her head. Today was her first day of school, so maybe she shouldn't dawdle around.